1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Ladies Face This In Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Feb 27, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

the shock was not with him ansh, but i thought i am over that age where men would oggle and this set me right saying there is no age as long as ur a woman is enough for men to let loose their pervert mind..sunkan

2. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown This is to you Preetho.. Way to go gal!

I am also one to give back then and there. Whenever you find anyone looking at other place than face, I would suggest , just wave your hand in front of eyes and say aloud, Hello! I am talking to you. Whoever is the person, wil not dare to look back.

About bosses, I think a stern image is best when it comes to office. An image where people really know, you will screw their career of they messed with you.

Ria

3. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

My grand ma used to tell" If a man looks at your face and talks, you can even go alone with him to a forest. If he looks anywhere else, you cant even stand next to him in a crowded place" We have all faced such situations, and I wonder how true patti was.

Idiotic Pervert men!

4. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Hi sunkan mam,

I have faced this or realised it for the first time when i used to travel by city bus. The way driver and conductor would behave ,stare ,sing would just leave me in tears. I have grown strong enough now to just ignore all these.

Regards
    Sri

5. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi ladies

After going through all your post on this subject I would like to share my experiences with you all. I have come across in my life mostly men with good behaviour but there are always some jerks and idiots will be there to irritate you.

When I was around 20 years I used to work as stenographer in a government office in India. I was wearing saree and I used to cover myelf very decently. I had to work as a secretary to a Director of the department and I had to take dictations almost every day. While dictating he used to look always on my bosom but he will be dictating at the same time. I used to feel very uncomfortable with his behaviour so I went to the Director General and asked me to transfer to another department. He askmed to tell the reason but I could not tell the real reason and told him it was quite personal. Anyhow I got transferred to another Director who was a very decent man and worked with him till I left for Europe.

Another incident happened last year while visitng the famours temple in Srirangam, Tiruchy. I am 55 years now. My husband and I were standing in front and praying and there was a poojari (priest) standing there to bless us. The poojari blessed my husband keeping his hand on his head. Then he approached me and kept his palm on my stomach and closed his eyes to tell some mantras. Actually I did not know why he want to keep his palm on my stomach. Suddenly he pinched me on my stomach and it hurt. I gave him a slap at one on his face. My husband too got very annoyed by this and we came out without finishing the worship at the famous temple.

There were so many other occasions like this when I was working in India particularly there were not many ladies in the office those days. But things have changed and I see 50% of the employees are women now in the same office I used to work.

So such idiots are there everywhere in the world.

Have a nice day ladies. Watch out for all the men with evil thoughts.

Kind regards
    Nirmala

6. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

Nothing can I comment . Only laugh. kanakaBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

nirmala,
    fortunately or unfortunaely i dont know what to say but i had the opportunity to visit taj mahal with my children and as i was walking along i found my son in law not leaving my side untill we went into the garden and when i asked him for the reason he said oh amma u never notice anything do you? and said that foreigner is just behind u from the time you are in the queue, now it was more embarrassing as i am also in my 55th age and wondered my god, will it ever cease? these experiences...men are the same all over...sunkan

8. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi to all,
    i have faced a lot like this...once it happened to me,when i was travelling in bus,a middle aged man started doing his work,i kept calm for a min,then suddenly i pressed him with my slepper on his leg very hardly,as much i can,that too with heels slipper.,oh my god,he is unable to shout,almost blood has comeBig Laughhe was in the shock it took somemin for himto come back to normalcy,but i again i didn't leave him,i hit with my elbow very nicely,then next stop he got from the bus.Big Laugh
    that too while going to central station,chennai,they'll do just like that,they'll which comes on their hand.Rant
    another incident was,he must around 12 yrs,maxi' not more than,he is very small also unable to ride a cycle properly becoz of his height,he came near to me & asked what girl r u coming tonight to my house,i really shocked:eek:mg::shock: i took a very big stone on my hand,luckily one lady came & asked me what happened i said no,nothing....
    just in front of my house a fellow who was riding his cycle carrying his kid in front,he did the same stupid action,those fellows,.......................should b cut down.Rant
    how stupid those men r....:bullshitbonk

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

they are viv,
    my father in law used to receive unanimous calls asking to send me for a night, he used to fume telling all this has started only after u came to this house as there were no other ladies, i told him i am from bangalore and i dont have to go out ur son is there with me, why should i marry and encouarage others, but u know woman can be slandered very easily may be it is the easy way out, sunkan

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sunkan,
    A woman is a woman always, irrespective of her age.
    This is what my mil used to say...
    This has been proved in your case.
    I feel sorry for you to go through such emotions regarding this.. ignore it yaar, these people don't change (maybe some after getting their dues).

i have gone through this too, because we are women, isn't it!

sriniketan