1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

life after the death of a loved one

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Life After the Death of a loved one​

I read Vishwa’s wonderful blog about death and the aftermath of finances for the remaining spouse, and how people are stupid at times when they leave nothing but legal troubles. There are many things I wanted to express there in support of what he wrote, but it would have gotten long, so I decided to write a separate blog on it.

Kindly read his blog if u have not read it. Not reading it will be yr loss.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...iction/179877-life-after-the-breadwinner.html

He speaks of the pact with his wife , that in case he is in a vegetative state, then she is to pull the plug after a reasonable time, not just keep carrying on.And vice versa. That he has made a will too, whereby all he has goes to his wife, and vice versa of his wife’s will. Very sensible indeed.

There are many other issues too which I think should be discussed when both are alive. Death can arrive anytime, to either of the spouses, or both can die together in an accident. Now let us assume , if one of them dies, let us see what happens.

I have told my wife, that if u die, this is around 10 years back one day at teatime, I wont remarry (how can I tell her, once is enough eh !) , but if I die before u, u are free to remarry, sell this house and move to Mumbai if u wish, and u can remove all my photos from the house, for surely I would not like another man to be with my alive wife eh !

Our wills are made, since long, but now is the time to get them registered in the court of law, so that they are foolproof. It just says what Vishwa’s will says, that all that I have is hers, and if we both die, then all is shared between my two daughters equally.

Many people leave legal troubles bcs they don’t make a will.they make a lot of money during their lives, but when they die, at times most of that money does not come in use, for the fellow did mnot make a will, and now all the kids and relatives fight over it. Stupid that is , is all that I can say.

Someone we know, has a land worth today a 100 crores, and there are 10 siblings fighting over it, all because there is no will left, and now they can just look at it, but cant do a damn.

Allmy Bank accounts are nominated, the FD’s are in joint names, will is made, so evenif I die tomorrow, I am sure my wife has to just give my Death Certificate to the relevant authourities, and all will be converted to my wife’s name. All my important papers, they have been scanned, copies given to my brothers, the originals are in the bank locker, as we don’t need those papers everyday, and what safter than a locker.

And after my recent scare of health and an operation, it is imperitive to register my will. To those who have not made a will yet, please do so, otherwise there is no great stupid person and a fool than u, who is an idiot who thinks death will come to him much later, when he desires it !!! What do I tell him, what I saw recently during my stint in the hospital , the tales I heard, and saw, let us not go into it dear friends, just get yr house in order, yr accounts nominated, get a will made, consolidate yr money, rather than spreading it, and yes insure yourself and famly against illness(mediclaim) and life insurance, and then RIP, I mean Rest in peace while u are alive.

HAHA

Thanks Vishwa for I got the opportunity thanks to u to write this one, though I k now this is not a patch on yr wonderful writeup.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Santa and Banta were going in a car when they were stopped by the police.
    Policeman – We are looking for two rapists, that is why we have stopped yr car.
    Santa and Banta – after discussion among themselves “ We will do it , Sir “

A friend consoling another friend whose wife has died “ In case u need anything just let me know”
    Widower – “ quick get me a laptop, I want to update my status on FB to “ Single”

One hand on the Frying pan, one on the mobile,
    One ear on cooker whistle, another on gossip,
    One eye on TV, another on Husband.
    Which idiot said, a woman’s life is easy !!!!!

Breaking News
    Saif’s Kareena’s Wedding Card Invitation reads
    “Second Hand Jawani” weds “ Halkat Jawani !!!

What is the difference between a politician and a bucket of **** ?
    Answer – The bucket !!!!!

Pichle 65 years mein, there is only one things on which inflation has not left its mark

That is the politicians

Then too they were worth 2 kodi, and today too they are 2 kodi !!!!

A girl asks the salesman “ What is the price of that dress ?”
    SM – 1500/-
    Girl – UFF !
    Girl – What is the price of that pink dress ?
    DM – UFF + UFF !!!!!!

A very caring sentence on the T shirt of a Girl walking on the road
    “ “ You are not looking at the road, please be careful “ !!!

If movies were made by drunkards, how would they name the movie. Here is the list
    1) Soda Akbar
    2) Rab Ne Pila Di Thodi,
    3) Rum De Basanti
    4) Beer Zara
    5) Bevda Zameen par
    6) Hum tight ho chuke Sanam !!!

Rajnikanth was once the class monitor.He once told a boy to keep quiet
    That student is the Prime Minister of India now !!!

A new saying I heard.
    It says “ Even Alcholol is a solution “ !!!!!

It is rumoured that our prime Minister has dubbed for Ranbir Singh in “ BURFI”

What is common between Shahrukh khan and Man Mohan Singh
    In the movie “Koyla” Sharukh was deaf and dumb
    In the koyla scam, MMS is deaf and dumb !!!!!

11 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

The title made me go "no Kamalji, no!" but the jokes brought back that happy smile to my face Kamalji! All said and done, you are right - it is necessary to have a will and you have done the right thing! Thank you for directing to Viswa sir's blog - will read.

Now, this
    is a classic and loved the rajnikanth joke - my DH will love it. Waiting for him to wake up to share. it is only 5.30 you see :) and yes sir, yes! Even alcohol is a solution - either ways! Now, I have to go do my morning walk with my neighbor!

2 people like this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

that sure was fast the reply, i had just posted it eh ! And u are going for a walk eh ! that is good, it is right now 3 pm afternooin here, tea time for me, listening to some old songs on U tube, the saigal ones, then the boney M ones of teh seventies,, inshort having a ball.HAHA

Thanks for the first FB and a great one at that.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Ah! Sensible and serious blog from you Sir.
    Made me sad though. And just wanted to coin one for this.

I don't know whether you or I
    Will be cursed to stay longer.
    Whoever it may be, should not shy
    Away from life. Lets be stronger.

May be its an opportunity for us
    To realize how much we miss other.
    Though it hurts even saying less
    About it and talk something rather.

Won't it be just too kind and great
    If we leave like thousands of leaves
    Gently from the tree early or late
    Always making a graceful leave?

Would we let our dear ones suffer
    When we are alive and kicking?
    Its only really wise that we prefer
    To arrange things and leave them wishing.

3 people like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

Thank you for a wonderful write up on my favorite subject and you did a great job of mentioning several aspects of preparation for eternal journey. You rightly mentioned living peacefully now is more important than leaving peacefully. What a statement to make. Your wise words of wisdom sometimes hits me like lightening. After all, I live in a city that is known as lightening capital of the world.

Registering will is very important besides preparing it. Those having younger children should also plan their future properly by assigning responsibility to a few friends (Of course with their consent) to provide academic advice, manage financial responsibility and act as foster parents.

Regarding nomination on bank accounts and all properties, I made a step forward by making my wife either or survivor account holder and property owner of everything I own. My son is a nominee on all our bank accounts and assets. If I leave, my wife is not looking even for my death certificate as she can do whatever she wants with all my bank accounts and assets. Kamalji, I know what you are thinking. It is a fool proof system devised by me to avoid divorce. I know my wife will never divorce me because she knows fully well that I can't last even for a day without her.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

I have told my wife, that if u die, this is around 10 years back one day at teatime, I wont remarry (how can I tell her, once is enough eh !)

That is so typically you, kamalji.LOL

but a very sensible topic.:) Good jokes too. I am free today after a long time so had a good laugh.

1 person likes this.
  7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

Leave it to Kamalji to infuse humor even to death!

What you say is so true, like Viswamitra says, live and leave peacefully and hope this wisdom is driven into everyone.

At last we know the reason for our prime minister's eternal silence and the wife's lot amongst other things!:rotfl

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  8. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

nice post kamalji..loved the jokes..esp the Rajanikanth one

9. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

A good topic indeed and even more good jokes at the bottom of the post.

You and my Dad must be brothers in another birth because you think so much alike.

I can totally vouch for all that you have said about securing your and your loved one's future by doing the right things and putting paperwork in place while you are still around for them. When Daddy went to Germany 35 years ago, he made his Will before he left for Germany thinking "what if something happened to me?". Of course, he came back fine but that is how much thought he puts into these things. His paperwork is up-to-date, Will updated, bank accounts/investments all current with nominations etc. Myself and my siblings are always kept updated with the latest on all of these important things and paperwork. Although we do not live there anymore, we know eaxctly what document is where and what it contains. Of course, there is a master list of these things and this list is safely kept in the locker.

Here in the US, there is a document called aLiving Will in addition to the regular Will. The regular Will describes your decisions after you are gone. However, the Living Will lists your choices of how you want to live (or die) if you were to be in a critical medical condition. It details what treatment to give you if you were in a critical medical condition where you cannot speak or make decisions for yourself - whether you should be resusitated, should life prolonging aids such as ventilators or feeding tubes be used etc.

Having recently gone through such a situation myself, I cannot say how important this document is not only to the person himself but also for the close family who is saddled with making tough decisions about their close one's treatment in dire situations. I strongly believe that eveyone MUST have a Living Will no matter what their age since such calamities can strike anyone.

Nice coming back here after such a long time.

SS

1 person likes this.
  10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

my dear Kamal
    Only you can write with so much humour and light heart and make the reading a pleasure
    You are so right about the details that needs to be attended to prior to some misfortune happening.
    sadly many of us me included is putting it off.
    In U.S it is very tough if a will is not made. If you want your family to get anything at all you better make the will
    Then the more important is the living will which will take care of matters if you go into a coma or life support. Without such a will the decision to remove one from life support can only be made by next surviving kith or kin
    its easier to take care of these while living
    always love your jokes
    liked the one about is it easy being a woman?!
    we need you to be here writing.. so please live for a hundred or more years:)