1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

issues with inlaws, husband... Husband abondoned me and kid

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Ramyavara, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Ramyavara

Ramyavara New IL'ite

This is the first time, im posting my issue in a forum. All because im too exhausted and dont know a way to solve the issue in a family.I and my husband met in a workplace,fall in love&got married. My husband families are well settled compared to ours. Initially my mil didnt say ok, later my fil and my husband somehow convinced her that the girl from such a low family will be saying ok for everything. I nor my mother knew this. My father died 5yrs before my marriage. My MIL and fil have lot of expectations on me.they mistreat me or my mom and we should always say Yes only to whatever they say.. initially the way they treated my mother started as a little fight between me and my husband. my husband was always supportive to their parents.Though he know they are wrong, he will not show that to me. last year when the came to usa to our house, they treated me bad and there is a fight, my fil used some strong words like im a girl from hostel, etc.. that hurts me bad. Husband was silent all long. I reacted to that and i scolded them back. Later my husband told them they should not talked to dil like that. For that My MIL and fil created a big drama and cried etc.. (note:an year before my husband didnt go india when my fil is not well. (not critical though)..) My inlaws created a big issue and my sil husband everybody started suporting my inlaws that my husband should not talked to them like that. They all scolded my husband and they said to my husband that even my inlaws did something worng, he should not support me etc.. My husband was very influenced by this. I didnt knew this before and came to know only recently..On the other hand, after they left usa,i was not in talking terms with my inlaws nearly 6 months.. after 6 months, my husband forced me to talk to them.lot of fight between us, so finally i talked to them. But i realized one thing after i spoke to them,nothing changed, they are doing what they were doing to me and my family.i was pregant. My husband went to another room usually whenever he talks to his parents/SIL in india (Even my BIL who live in us). once he is done, heusually give the phone to me for some mins. I wont speak more than 10 mins to them.. things goes like that.. before they start to usa this year, my husband was so cruel and rigid to me that i have to show respect to them when they are wrong. I have to keep quite all times, when they mistreat me or they did injustice to me as all he wanted is NO FIGHT this TIME. I was not blindly accepting that , but iterating him that i will treat them well and i expect the same from them.. He cannot gurantee that. This year they came, and my fil and mil were so rude in words from day1 even from airport. I delivered a baby girl andthatwhy they came. I was holding everything for nearly 2 months.. But they were too much.. so i asked why do you keep doing this? and my husband jumped and said im wrong and my mother didnt mean that and being suportive to them. There is a fight this time and again my fil used foul language and started to hit me. My husband was controlling him , but he said few words..I again scolded them back and all the 2 years issues came up.. There was exchange of words between me , inlaws and my husband. in order to support his mom, he used some bad words about my mother, so i have to use it back. The next day they left to another state in us where my bil lives. I, my husband tried to find day care for my baby.. 2 days later, i noticed from his email that he tried to talk to a family attorney, i didnt ask him. And a day later, i noticed that he video tapped my voice and sent to his id. That night, i and asked him reasons, he is not saying anything, instead he started to leave home. So i told him just to threaten that you need to call the cop if you want to leave.. He did call the cop and said that im planning hurt myself and tried to get me arrested. Somehow i explained the cop everything and they did leave me and they said to him that if you want to leave the house, bettter leave. After that i was with my 5 month kid all alone in usa, working managing daycare etc... Meanwhile, already my mom has healthissues. She got her nerve issue back.. so i moved to india with my baby and to be with her. He didnt even send an email or call asking abt me or the kid;its been 2 weeks.. I dont know what is my husband thiniking.. We are a family where we had no divorce.. Atleast i can handle to live without spouse, think abt my baby and my mother is very much worried by all. I have a sister who is ready for marriage. Please let me know how can my husband understand my side and will he realize his mistake of abonding wife and kid?? I feel his mom told him to divorce me or he is doing all this to comfort his parents...

2. shwetanayak8

shwetanayak8 Senior IL'ite

feel rea;;y bad for you but call him or email him and what all happened in details without criticizing anything and wait him to say something. inspite of all this he is ready to improve than its good if no than you will have to think upon something because you cannot go on living this way even your child is growing fast

3. agayathree

agayathree Bronze IL'ite

Dear RamyaVara,
    Sorry to hear this. I think that your husband must know that you and your baby is his family and not his parents who have lived their lives. I feel that there are mistakes everywhere. I think your inlaws have to be mor mature and not treat their DIL like what they have been doing. Never lose your self respect for others. If your husband wants divorce for things like you speaking back to his parents, thats not good. We have to be patient in this world to get things done. Since you are well educated with a good job and you can manage, just wait for some response from your husband. If he starts a divorce procedure, contest it. I am sure he is doing it to scare you. I feel the same like what your mother has said- your baby should not get deprived of her father's love. Your husband should get back to you. If not for you,he should for his baby. If no communication from your husband even after another 2 weeks,try contacting him( I don't know abt him- I hope he will cmmunicate) and also try to convince him for a marriage counselling. I totally understand that yours is a love marriage -try to save your marriage atleast for your baby. Also don't answer back to your husband or inlaws when they pass harsh comments- God will take care of them. There is no excuse for people chanting mantras and praying to god while they hurt DIL or others- their prayers will not be answered. Your husband should not speak ill abt your mother and also you should also not speak. If you are reactive, it will affect your health,your peace of mind,your relationship with others and also the person who wanted to hurt you will win. Please ignore and think that they don't exist. They are old people and probaby be in this world for another 15-20 years. Rest you willbe with DH for life. So don't spoil your life for others.

Pray to Lord hanuman- Chant sundarakandam at home regularly and also read sammohanakrishna stothram for a happy blissful married life. All the best.

Speak to your husband. tell him that you are hurt by his comments and you have reacted and you feel bad abt this situation. Also tell him that you need to have your self respect .

Wishing you all the best for a bright future.

4. sillygurl

sillygurl Senior IL'ite

Hugs to you my dear.

If you are a religious person, please go to Ganesha and shiva temple and pray to god to give sense to your hubby to see the right thing....god only can change him and he will.

With prayers

1 person likes this.
  5. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

it's been 2 weeks. wait for some more time. be as calm as possible, take care of your baby and mother and your own health.

don't worry about your sister's wedding. there will surely be someone sane and good enough to marry her for the right reasons.

Do not worry how many divorces your family has. don't worry about society. society will talk, that is the only thing it knows. after sometime, they will find a new victim and you will be old news. you can't help it.

These are all unwanted negative thoughts that take away your attention, energy and prevent you from thinking clearly and rationally when faced with a problem. always remind yourself - they are not the ones who suffered. YOU are the victim. It is YOUR life and only YOU can decide how you should live.

pray to God, and once you feel reasonably calm and able to handle the situation, call him and tell him you want to talk. never raise your voice, never get carried away by emotions. it must be the most detached conversation you can ever have. do not pull your ils into it yet. solve your issues with him. convince him for counselling and see where it goes from there.

You can always come here and we will be always there for you. Have faith in God. This too shall pass and you will only emerge stronger

P.S. if you want to say a prayer and do not know how, go to the prayers and slokas section here in Indusladies. I believe Siddhamangala stotram and Parayanam is for marriage. YOu can also keep a Shiva Parvati pic and pray to them to keep your marriage together and your husband with you.

6. Ramyavara

Ramyavara New IL'ite

hi, all.. thanks for the comments.. im praying to god for our reunion. I dont want my daughter to take any pain because of this issue. She is 7 months, so im praying to make all these end smooth soon

I have serious mental thoughts going on.. he still didnt contact me either via email or phone.. i have no idea what he is doing.. his bday came 2 days before, i called him to wish;but he didnt pick the call. i left the wishes in voicemail.. He later emailed me saying" thanks".. i dont know what is going on in his mind..

just because of the fight i had with his parents will let him think to throw our marriage.. Since he abandoned me and my kid, i came to india.. why he didnt stop me? is he least bothered about us(esp kid). his parents might reached india.. can i go and talk to him.. will that make the situation even worse? or should i wait for him to call me..(its already a month.. even if i call, he is not picking)

I have so many questions going on and im emotionally weak now.please help me am i thinking anything wrong..

7. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

Hugs to you.
    The above lines you have typed make me feel that there is hope. Looks like he is very strongly influenced by his parents. I think you should give him some more time to cool off.
    Perhaps you can send an email saying that you are ready to talk when he is and leave it at that. Wait for him to get back, but in the meanwhile prepare yourself for the worst (am sorry to be saying this, but it is better to hope for the best and be prepared for the worst to avoid any further heartbreak)

In the meanwhile, try and get a job and try explaining the situation to your mom and sis. Do not feel guilty about what happened and how it may harm your sister's marriage. Unless you are from an extremely conservative background, gone are the days when the elder siblings' marriages affected the younger ones. People are a lot more open minded now. Put that in the backseat for now and focus on your life.

As for your mom, difficult as it is, put up a brave face in front of her. She will be more upset if you are visibly upset. Try and divert yourself with job and friends for the time being. Let your husband get back to you.

GL and praying for the best to happen to you.

8. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

Hugs to you dear.

Biggest Red flag and really cheap on his part to record your voice and kept as evidence. Dont know what are the contents but it seems the name calling what you did was recorded. He went to such an extent to ruin the marriage and your life. I dont see any point in frequent calls and emails. Guys like this take their own sweet time to realize this.

You are already out of the house, if you want to go back make sure that fights are not repeated. This will take some time for sure. Be smart and take right decision on right time and you have to more patience.

-Contact your and his relatives and tell that FIL hit you badly, recorded your voice to blackmail you and he threw you and kid out of home. If possible try to resolve the issue with all elders of families.
    -If above doesnt work out, Go back to US in same city and find job for yourself. Show to your H that you can
    live without him. He will get scared of you then.
    - Let your mom start look match for your sis. Her life should not be interupted.
    -Even if doesnt come back fine. Atleast you will be living in US where single parent is acceptable and you can move your mom with you once your sis marriage is over.
    -Dont rush to him once he ask to come back...until he is guilty and repent things wont change. Again he and his family will misbehave with you and again you will thrown out.

Only solution is stay calm and composed. Let your Uncles and aunties try to talk to him...atleast for the sake. he shd not feel that there is no one to support you..he used you and thrown and nobody came to ask abt it.

You have to be strong.

2 people like this.
  9. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

i agree with omnam views,

you should take it all in a strong manner and be ready for everything you cannot be with such a man let him be with his parents later on when he will want to have his own family and there will be no one around he will realise but you don't wait for that time.Move forward and don't worry abt your daughter what's the use of such father who don't care for his child..sometime ask him he loves his parents a lot don't he want his own children to respect him and love him in the same way..

if he remains the same way dear its of no use of being with him..you will be humiliated all the way by everyone if he don;t stand for you and even don;t let you stand for yourself..

10. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

I also agree with Omnam's views. Please dont go rushing to him just because he asks. Make sure he knows you were not wrong and the wrongdoers have been warned. Because if you go away in haste, life will be difficult not just for you but for your child too.

Regarding sister's marriage, I think it is better that she marries in a place where the people know of what is happening and yet accept her without judging her family in any way. Dont you think she will be happier with people who accept mis-happenings rather than worry of the societal pressures? Just think about it.

All the best to you dear. Your first priority should be to take a job and fend for your child and mother.