1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Online Shopping or Directly from Shops ??

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Grace3, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,

For buying household and kitchen appliances, which is better --- will they give more discount if we go to the Indian shops itself ?? Like for grinder, where will we get better deal and service ?? And will the product be in good condition if we buy online -- 'cos we will not be seeing the stuff we buy ?

I've just landed in Canada a month ago, so all this online shopping is new to me -- kindly give your suggestions and advise.

Thanks.

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Grace,

I am moving your thread to US shopping forum. You should get good responses there.

Also, if you search / browse through the US Shopping forum you will find this topic already discussed sharing some useful tips and info.

Good Luck, shoppping.

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Grace,

I can understand you genuine doubt of product condition bought in online. But as per my experience,i never had any problem with the products i got in online (eg camera,mattress, mp3 etc).

So keep looking for good deals for atleast some amount time if you want to buy in online.

All the best.

4. ShopDiva

ShopDiva New IL'ite

I usually buy from reputed online stores... like Kmart.com Or Kohls.com.

Depending on the product and sale (which most of these stores have all year around) they also tend to be cheaper than buying from most Indian stores. Also, to address your quality concerns, most of these stores have product reviews, so I would read them before buying. But mostly can be trusted. Try using the indusladies mall here (http://mall.indusladies.com/) so you don't have to search for particular stores, you get what you want right here, just type in the Product you want in the Find bar. :)