Hello June2008 mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by cathy, Feb 18, 2008.

1. manisha13

manisha13 New IL'ite

hi v

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  2. manisha13

manisha13 New IL'ite

hi vasu
    How r u....what i have heard is,no doubt normal delivery is better,but it all gets decided when the time comes,that is depending on the position of the baby.......but don't think too much about all that,i know its very hard to avoid as even i can't help it......:lol:,and as cathy said u will forget all your pain when the little one comes in your arms,so try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy.
    I also went for my scan last week,saw my baby kicking and trying to suck the thumb,that was just awesome feeling.
    take good care of urself.
    manisha

3. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

Hi latha,vasu,manisha,:hiya

Hope you are all doing well :)

Wats the lil one saying inside?Hope it must be kicking a lot nowadays.Are you guys going for regular check ups?

I am in my 25th week.and went for my regular doc check up last friday.everything is normal and i have been told to go for a diabetic test next week.And my baby moves are very strong nowadays:spin.Since its hearing power has grown i spend most of my time talking to it:crazy.and hearing carnatic and instrumental songs.

I am irregular in walkingbonk.and even if i walk for 10mins i get hungry.My weight gain is normal sofar.but doctor told my weight gain is drastic.so i have to bring it under control.

I am soo thrilled to think that i just have 120 days to go!!!

Do share your experiences.

Take care all of you.
    -Cathy.

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Cathy, good to see that all of you (us) are doing well. My little one was sick with cold and fever last week so I was a bit away from internet. Now he's better but still not back to his usual self... dry cough is irritating him. But thank God it was just usual cold for this season and not any bacterial infection. Looks like my 3rd trimester is much much better than the first and 2nd. I suddenly feel energetic and POSITIVE! I had my glucose tolerance test last week and my sugar levels are normal... that's such a relief. I also have a midwife now who came home once and will continue to do so once a month for check-up until delivery.After birth she'll come 6-8 times in 2 months to help with any post-partum issues. I have the 2nd detailed scan scheduled after easter... the usual checking of baby's heart etc., Oh yes and I had the first doppler last week and heard the little one's heart beat:) right now the only issue i have is itchy scan. it's driving me nuts. I saw a skin doctor today and he said it's not due to pregnancy, just excessive dry skin. He's given me some strong body lotion and advised to have shower only once or twice a week... now i've to see how to convince myself to that;) anyways i just want to get rid of this trouble asap. the baby is moving sooooo much at nights i'm unable to sleep peacefully. talk about getting prepared for motherhood:) take care, all of you:) Latha

5. Sharikas

Sharikas New IL'ite

Hi June 2008 mommies,

Wonderful thread. My due is on June 28,2008. This is my first baby. This week I’m going for my regular checkup. Feeling wonderful as being pregnant and very excited too. Nice meeting you all and happy to share my experience. Lets support each other.

Take care,
    Sharikas

6. VasumathyBalaji

VasumathyBalaji Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Yesterday i done my Glucose tolerance test and thryoid test - results are normal. As i m working lady, my husband wants me to take leave from may month and i want to go till may end. As being my first baby, my hubby is very much concerned about this. My due date is on June 12th. Please suggest me from when i can take utilise my maternity leave.

Need ur valuable comments on this

regards
    Vasu

7. Marisa

Marisa New IL'ite

I'm due in June too. Has everyone decided on baby names already? We're having such a hard time!

8. Sharikas

Sharikas New IL'ite

Hi Cathy, Vasu, Manisha and Marisa,

How are you all doing? Hope every one is doing well. Cathy, our due dates are almost same. Last week i had my regular checkup. Things are ok. Very happy to see the cute little one. Recently started feeling bit tired than 2nd trimester. is this 3rd trimester fatigue? Dont know. I have to slow down a bit i guess. How is you guys walking routine? I'm trying to stick to the plan but couldnt help on bad weather days!

Nice to meet you all. Do keep posting!

Take care,
    Sharikas.

9. chinnaindus

chinnaindus New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am new to this site , its my first post here and really the site is excellent with all so much of nice people sharing all their opinions here.
    By seeing all other posts really i too thought of sharing my concerns and opinions here.
    I am expecting my baby ( boy ) in june and decided to buy travel system but not able to confirm which is the best as it is my first pregnacy,so pls can u all help me with this.
    Today in deals2buy site i have seen Eddie Bauer Lightweight Travel System - Edgewood ,which seems to have a good price but i cannot judge to buy it or not ,so need ur help. pls suggest any good travel system,and where to buy it.
    some of my friends told Graco passage travel system is nice but some sounded its heavy so i'am not able to decide what to buy ,pls need suggestions.
    ok will be waiting for u guyz
    :wave

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Sharika,

Noticed that you're in Japan. Are you delivering the baby there? How is your experience with language etc.,?

Hi other fellow June expectants:

Thank god, my itching is gone. I'm using eucerin lotion and shower gel. Today was my midwife's second visit at home. She says the head is already down and she also helped me feel it (the baby moved it's bums a lot when i did that). I can't remember when my son's got fixed. She has recommended pre-birth acupuncture to help with dilation. It's very common in Germany to have it done towards the end of pregnancy. It apparently reduces tear and labour time. She said it's a long baby but will not be more than 3 kgs weight (same as my boy). Next time I'll have to ask her about belts post-delivery. Tomorrow is my gyn check-up. Sometimes it's so tiring to see one doctor after another:( I'm also exhausted most of the time even by 3 in the afternoon. Must be all that running around after my 3 yr old. But still can't get to sleep peacefully at night. Hope you're all doing fine:) Latha