DECEMBER 2012 - MOM-TO-BE's

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SANARUN, Apr 22, 2012.

1. vishuni

vishuni Silver IL'ite

Don't worry Tuffy..As LO movements are there...we no need to worry.May be he liked Chola Batura :)

Yeah..outside food causes gas,try to avoid..once in a while is fine.

2 people like this.
  2. Trip

Trip Silver IL'ite

Tuffy...
    Dont worry abt stomach upset or pain...i get it once in a while when i have spicy food or non veg...if u get it try to have buttermilk or lots of water and u will be fine...I get stomach ache becz of food i eat smtimes specially on weekends..as we end up eating a lot outside on weekends.....but the pain is not severe and goes in 4-5 hrs...try to eat smthing non oily and non spicy until the pain subsides completly.....u will fine..

1 person likes this.
  3. Kali123

Kali123 Senior IL'ite

Nothing to worry tuffy,
    Sometimes the gas feels like baby's movement.
    I have started taking 1 tsp jeera boiled in 1glass of water with 1/2 tsp of ghee every night to get relief from this problem.

1 person likes this.
  4. indiangypsy

indiangypsy Silver IL'ite

Anyone facing swollen ankles?.. Very wierd but happened to me this weekend. Even now, I have this tingling sensation in my shin and ankles. I know putting the feet up should take care of this but how to do this at work?

5. akarthi

akarthi Silver IL'ite

IG
    At work i put my leg up on the CPU , if its possible try doing that

6. indiangypsy

indiangypsy Silver IL'ite

Akarthi, thanks. I don't have a CPU because I work out of a docked laptop. I do have a footstool though which is probably 8 inches in height. So that's the maximum 'lift' I can give my legs. Hope that will help somewhat.

7. priyaj1986

priyaj1986 Silver IL'ite

Hi IG,

Even i have swollen ankles and consulted this with my doc.. She has asked me to take blood tests to check if i am anaemic.

What i do at work is... will invert an unused dustbin and keep my legs over it.. will feel a little comfortable..

Regards,
    Priya

8. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi tuffy,

your LO likes chola batura :rotflwhile eating outside/spicy food/non veg, complement it with a raitha/fruit juice.. then such problems never arise.. But remember that your LO is active means the LO is very happy..:thumbsup

IG, swollen ankles.. just as everyone said, try elevating your feet.. while sleeping, its a must to elevate your feet by placing a pillow. also, heard reduce your salt intake.. Its normal to have mild swelling, but if swelling is too much, consult a doctor..and how is your rashes now ? getting better?

1 person likes this.
  9. swiss

swiss Gold IL'ite

Hiiii.. How are you all.. Glad to see soo many posts.. Good to know that all are fine.. Cant believe we all have come this far in this journey.. Feels like yesterday when i joined this due date club..Hope the rest of our journey goes fine.. I think some of us have started the third trimester...

IG- I had swollen ankles after my long flight journey but it subsided in one day. I slept with my feet raised on 2 pillows.. At work you can try some ideas others mentioned.. If it does not go off in one or two days, dont forget to mention to your midwife. You might need to reduce your salt intake too..

Tuffy - Since your LO is moving around a lot, it should be fine.. Even I feel really uncomfortable after having hotel food, esp at night.. Had a heavy biriani last night and couldnot sleep properly.. I guess its normal..

I had an U/S and everything seems okay.. Could not see LO.. They dont allow us to see here.. Baby weighs 1100gms now.. Tomorrow I have a visit.. I need to take TT vaccine which is the norm here...

Hii to everyone!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

thank you vishuni, Trip, Kali, Preethi... yes LO is happy I think :) Coincidentally i entered 27th week yday and may be the LO is appreciating it by telling me that 'i am growing mamma'.

3 people like this.