1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mysorepa & me & The Winnie.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pallavi4me, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Its heavenly feeling,:banana I’m in now. You know, why??

Just because I ate a half slice of mysorepa and it tasted heavenly. It’s wonderful and I’m feeling so elated. I know you are feeling like :bangcomp:

A little back ground about me & mysorepa is required here, don’t you think so?? Even if you don’t , I will write it out,Computer Typing
    Basically when I was a kid, I was not so excited about sweets. (The reasons and the history itself will be a another blog, so let’s not get into that now) I had liking to only particular sweets that made in particular fashion only. It gave my parents a tough time. Why to say only this, there are many a things that gave them difficult time with me…:hide:
    So when coming to this particular sweet Mysorepa, I had this restriction of, if and only mom prepares or if it is brought from some particular sweet shop ‘X’ me would eat it. Otherwise even at the risk of not being so-polite I would out rightly reject the sweet If someone offers me, which is not falling under either of the above two conditions. Even if it is offered as Prasad, then also I used to not to take it.:bonk

So time rolled on… my mom used to make it for me for any special occasions such as Diwali/ birthdays otherwise Dad used to get it from shop X. Later our town developed and some hi-fi sweet shops have come in, but unfortunately they could not meet my mysorepa standards.tsk So they haven’t found way into my stomach.

Then, I tasted it again in Mumbai …………….. it was simply mind blowing :drool, I’m addicted to it from then on. My perima (masi) used to bring a mysorepa dabba from Krishna sweets and used to keep it on dining table. My brother (cousin) and I used to eat it out and viola within minutes the box will empty.:exactly:

Now here too, my parents were happy finally that I’m settled for a sweet shop. So Dad used to get me these sweets and as usual used to pamper me. Off late, I lost the craving for sweets & junk foods I used to have :oops:. So there rest all those sweets with a sad face looking at me longingly. In addition to that I became a bit conscious about weight (though I haven’t become overweight) and my diet. In short, it’s been ages that I had mysorepa though I have nt realised till today.

So what happened today…………. Today at all construction sites, people do celebrate viswakarma pooja. Don’t ask me anything further about it, I don’t know :roll: !!! So they distributed prasadam after the pooja. Viola it is Mysorepa from Krishna sweets. I ate it and it felt so heavenly.

What gave me a wonderful feel is just not its taste but when I ate without any craving and the fact that I had ate it after a long gap!!! Now I’m feeling like Winnie the pooh who had honey after a long time.
    View attachment 166907
    P.S: after writing it, I’m feeling like… Emma. Oru vyavasthaye illiya.. enna ezdhuradhu anu.. (don’t you have anything better to write about??) Oru mysorepa piece saptitaduku evalav attagasammaaa… (is it a big deal to write about, just eating a piece of mysorepa)
    Sorry folks could not help, I told you know.. I’m feeling like Winnie so don’t search for any sense in this.

11 people like this.

2. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

Hi Pallavi
    Mysorepak especially Sri Krishna Mysore pak does this to me too.

1 person likes this.
  3. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

After reading your post, I too wants to have mysorepa.
    Not from krishna sweets (becoz my DH doesnt like Krishna sweets).

1 person likes this.
  4. Pallavi4me

so.. come in bhansnig, lets :cheers for mysorepa. Thanks for reading and for the fb :)

5. Pallavi4me

Gayu, so go and eat mysorepa. Give a bit too Anirudh too. I generally hear, many people like Krishna sweets Mysorepa, Its their signature sweet. Why your DH wont like it??

6. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Hi

You made me to drool. Not fair. I don't get KS Mysorepa in the place where I live but have tasted the hot hot KS Mysorepa of CBE from my childhood. I din't know that we can cherish Mysorepa with our sweet memories too. Credit is yours. Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  7. Pallavi4me

GaythriV, welcome to my snippets. Great to see Mysorepa fans. Thanks for coming in and for fb :).

Go and indulge yourself in mysorepa.

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pallavi,

I too adore Mysore paks. Like you said home made ones or ones bought only from a particular shop. My favourite ones come from Suswaad in Chennai where they are made crisp and melt in the mouth. And don't worry about writing about a piece of mysore pak. I can understand exactly how you feel. You summed it up perfectly - yes Winnie the pooh would feel just the same after eating honey after a long while. Mysore paks deserve an ode to be written in honour of every single well made piece.

1 person likes this.
  9. Pallavi4me

thank you so much :kiss satchitananda for understanding my feeling of being Winnie.

And a :cheers for our mysorepa.:thumbsup

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pallavi
    So glad you wrote this and posted it!
    Truly you have given me a sweet sweet treat this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed the background to the sweets and I can totally relate to the feeling of having that particualr item made in the way we like.
    When we do eat it that way it is indeed manna from heaven.
    For my hubby loves food made in a certain way only. I have been cooking for him for 30 years and I know the intricasies involved in a simple rasam.
    And it is a pleasure to cook for him the way he likes it. The cooking itself takes on a different dimension where the involvement brings in peace and the service of it makes my life more fulfilled and my purpose so enhanced.
    Do treasure this wonderful nature of yours.. its so beautiful :)
    Always happy to see Winnie right ?!
    (now you are going to think.. Emma.. Oru..looong reply.. haha just kidding:)

1 person likes this.