1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Modular kitchen maintenance

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by karanu, Sep 12, 2012.

1. karanu

karanu Gold IL'ite

Ladies, looking for some tips on maintaining my modular kitchen. My problem areas are
    1) The bottom part of modular shelves becomes dirty with dry food particles (rice, dal, spices etc that may get spilled while taking them out), water smudges etc. Since these shelves cannot be taken out completely, it's difficult to clean them because of the steel rods at the bottom.
    2) Oil smudges on shelves - whenever my ILs visit home, they open and close the shelves (especially Pooja items shelves) with oily hands. Though there are tissues to wipe the hands, they are not into the habit.
    3) After closing the shelves, I notice the top part has dust accumulated. I wipe with a dry cloth but not regular. I'm not sure if I can use water sponge to wipe the wood.

Any other tips are also welcome to keep modular shelves neat and tidy.

2. revathijayagopi

revathijayagopi Gold IL'ite

Once a month I take out all the bottles and jars from the cupboard and clean the bottom, door and handles of the shelf with amway LOC. this way it's easy to get rid of dirt and oil quickly. I have put shelf liners in the cupboards so it's easy to clean. You can even put newspaper at the bottom of the shelf and change it every month. As for the oil stain keep the oil can on a absorbent tissue. Even on the handle of the shelf you can roll a absorbent cloth and keep changing it whenever it looks dirty.

1 person likes this.
  3. shambavi2000

shambavi2000 Silver IL'ite

hi

1. Even if the shelves can't be taken out, empty the shelf/drawer of vessels/containers and then use the blow/suction functions of a vacuum cleaner to clean them.
    2. If the shelves are made of marine ply, it is safe to use wet sponge (dipped in cleaning liquid) or with a squirt bottle of cleaning liquid to wipe them clean-but make sure to wipe with a dry cloth immediately after.
    3. In the afternoons, once in a while, after the kitchen has been cleaned, keep the shelves open to air-this will keep the odours away.

Happy cleaning for a 'chakachak' kitchen!