1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

As you sow, so shall you reap!!Any true Witness story??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by BeStrongFeelUp, Sep 8, 2012.

1. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

Life is a cycle with ups and downs. No one will have bad time or good time, forever. Moving on with the flow of life and I am a firm believer of 'Do your duty to the best of your ability without worrying about the results'.

I have seen my share of events that repeat to hunt me too.

4 people like this.
  2. chandy939

chandy939 Silver IL'ite

I have faced it as well as Experienced it :)

When I was growing up I had my maid's sister to take care of me.I used to do so much dadagiri and trouble her so much (pampered brat!!!) One day she told me,"I will leave ur house soon but will come back"

15 years later...got married...my mil's name is "ABC"...same as this girl who took care of me.Whenever someone wud take my mil's name it reminded me of that girl and I would feel so guilty of my behaviour back then:hide:

My mil tried her level best to break our engagement(arrange marriage) and over 2 years kept telling my DH "ur ill-fated...divorce her"....some major major fights with MiL and her DS2...made DH n me even more strong.Much to her dismay and severe opposition...her DS2 had a love marriage after having an affair for over 9 years....within 2 months of marriage...their marriage was on rocks and DS2 considered divorced (which didn't happen):drowning

Whereas...how much ever she tried brainwashing my DH...he never even had the slightest thought of using the D word with me!:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  3. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

That is good to know Freddy.

2 people like this.
  4. caps123

caps123 Senior IL'ite

I am eagerly waiting for my turn to write some story here:drowning:drowning. It has been four years of married life, nothing of such things happened yet:hide::hide: MIL, SIL, BIL made lots of efforts to bring some rift in my marriage. Me and DH have lots of fights now and they are living happily from the beginning. :confused2: confused!!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. jmsd

jmsd Silver IL'ite

In my case it is not about any relationship but my business partner.
    I brought up the business and slog hard for it's growth while he works more towards creating holes in tank and tapping the leakage for his own benefits.
    His last year's gains only in pilferage of finances are over 12 lakh INR ,which of course is a loss to me and a very significant one.
    I feel like he is a dog lapping up from my kids' plate.
    He bad mouths about me in business circles and even gossips about my personal life (IL and stuff).
    Maximum efforts are towards maligning my reputation.
    It hurts.
    The business is in such a state of profit that either me or he wouldn't leave it.

I am yet to see how God pays me for my sincere and honest inputs and punishes the fat thief.

1 person likes this.
  6. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

I don't think sayings like this apply in real life. Some sayings apply to our real life, some don't. If DIL suffer now through the hands of ILs, maybe she will get a good DIL or SIL when she gets to the stage where she herself is a MIL, that's what I feel.

According to the saying if someone does bad then bad things happen to them, if good then good things happen. But it does not happen like that always, does it?

1 person likes this.
  7. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

I have my personal experience.

I loved a girl for one year, had a sincere and respectful relationship. My parents opposed our love and my ex gf always wanted to get into a family that loved and cared for her. I thought she is not going to get that with my family and broke up with her, causing a lot of pain to her. I got married first and she got married later on. Now, my marriage is about to break, and I hate to go through a divorce. My principle of marriage is never to give up unless it involves a serious problem such as physical, psychological or an alcohol or drug abuse, no physical intimacy etc. and our situation is no where close to that. I tried and tried to make it work, enduring a lot of agony. But it is all in vain.

I think of my ex very often and wonder it is highly unlikely that we would have gone through what I am going through (basing on my knowledge of her personality, commitment, values and our love). I really hope she is happy and happily married. I feel bad that I broke up with her and caused pain to her. I feel stupid and sometimes think all the things I go through are a repercussions of my past actions.

2 people like this.
  8. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

hgulla,

I regret to say what you did was merely stupidity.
    Yes your ex expected to get into a family that loved and cared for her but when your family opposed to getting married to her, did she say it's better to break up with you than struggling with your parents later on? I'm sure no. So you should have anyhow convinced your parents or married your ex going against them.

I would say you have hurt and betrayed someone who truly loved and trusted you. I really hope she is very happy with her new found love and may God bless her with lots and lots of happiness.

I don't wish to judge you but yet I'm tempted to say this.
    I doubt you broke off with her not mainly because you want her to be with people who really expected her but because you were not willing to go against your parents wish.

Anyway I wish you all the best.
    And OP sorry for going out of topic.

2 people like this.
  9. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

I dont know whether the saying is true or not, whether the people who sow, reap or not, and if they do, how much and when.

But I do know that when a girl is married, she has innumerable dreams of her life. The day a girl is married, her face is a sea of emotions, sadness, happiness, excitement, nostalgia, everything. And when the reality hits her and she comes out of that dream world knowing that even a comfortable living should make her content and she should not live in the world of her dreams, it hurts real bad. The days she spends like that kills the hopes inside of her. I have faced it. I know what my dreams where, and reality is nowhere close to it. But I also know that to be sane, I have to forget it and learn contentment. Today the taunts, the scorns and the looks on PILs faces and their actions have stopped affecting me as they used to, but when I remember the life I had dreamt of and compare it with today, I feel a pit in my stomach and the heart aches. I dont know what I did wrong to get this. Because if karma is really there, I haven't been a bad daughter, bad sister, bad friend, bad person. But because of my situation, me and my parents are scared. And these days will haunt me forever. Whether my situation changes or not, the dreams are no more and I'm no more the girl I used to be. Whether karma comes to action or not, what has been lost by me will never come back.

I just wish that if i have a daughter, her dreams are not shattered, and if I have a son, God give me the strength to fulfill the dreams of my DIL.

Today, I am content with a life which is not as miserable as it could have been. I work so I get to spend time outside the home. Though I dont know what happens of my salary, my DH does take me out and we do live a life of certain material comforts. Though they dont like me spending on parlours and stuff, I do it when I'm going to mum's place and sometimes manage to patao my DH for that. Though I know the feeling of all this is not comfortable because I used to be an independent girl and now I'm expected to be sundar-susheel giving away salary and being an example of sacrifice, I know I have found a compromise ground somewhere. I talk to my parents, I talk to you all, I have a place to vent out and if that is not enough, my DH is there to take the rejection at night thinking what he did wrong! So I'm content. I dont want karma to do anything with PIL. May be, in a years time, I'll start being happy like this!!

2 people like this.
  10. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

Sadly, this has been the case with quite a few of us...I for one, am not the forget and forgive types...so having a hard time being happy in better times which have started now.

I wish my DD (5 years right now) doesnot have to give up her dreams...and so do all of us here.

Regards,

1 person likes this.