Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    I saw a mention of Protein Adai here. After searching for the recipe in the index thread I could not find the name titles Protein Adai; maybe i did not know where to search. please can you kindly give me the link or is it referred in a different name. thanks.

2. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

for a recent get together potluck with friends ,i made Khasta kachori and tiffin kurma following your recipe.both the dishes were a hit and very well received.with your sbs making it was a breeze,the taste perfect.tiffin kurma made super combo with idli n pongal which my friends had got.ofcourse your pointers on perfect planning always makes the situation go on smoothly.even with the dishes with elaborate cooking ,we still can enjoy those preious moments and relish the food too :)

THANKS for being there!

love
    raji

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

AC, protein adai recipe is given by me in my app & not here.
    If you go to
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/141331-ask-chitvish-in-application-mode.html
    you will know the developments that have taken place here in your absence.

4. Chitvish

Raji, dear Raji,

You always overwhelm me with your words, call them expressions!! I can never thank you enough :) Khasta kachori is an absolutely delicious snack.
    Last year an ILite had come home with her mother and the latter mentioned, her daughter found tiffin kurma ideal for most of our tiffins. I am so happy that you get rave views for your cooking & baking. It has nothing to do with me, but all credit goes to your following what I write in this forum.
    You are too kind to me & I cannot thank you enough :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    made millet oat pancakes today for breakfast for us and 123 oothappam for R. Need to say they were tasty? Also for lunch, coconut rice and MW stuffed kathirikkai. Now we get super tender small brinjals here, very tender indeed, and they tempt me to make such recipes. coconut rice is already a fav. but your tip of adding raw coconut at the end makes it more tasty.

6. Chitvish

Varloo, raw coconut, a pinch of sugar & a dash of coc oil - superb it is!! Now that we get virgin coc oil, I am back to using it more liberally :tongue

Since I have not posted millet recipes here, do post those FBs in Fb!! :biggrin2: Anyway, thanks :)

7. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Dear C,
    I made Mango chunda on Sunday. It tastes great.I take a tsp chunda with whatever I eat now :drool

I am so thrilled after reading your pickles thread especially pickles suited for parathas. Next in queue is sweet and sour apples.

One question - you have given pickle recipes for bulk preparation. how do we adjust the quantity to make in small amounts?

8. Chitvish

Hridhaya,
    anything khatta meeta is my favourite. Mango chunda is my all time favourite.

From bulk amounts, derive to your requirements, calculating "the directly proportional" method!! :biggrin2:

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I made kadai noodles today for dinner, a repeat. Both me and A loved the sauce and so made it. This time, I made with 400 gms noodles from Savorite and so used a large non stick tawa. It was really delicious and not much oil too. R too had it this time, last time he got angry on some thing and did not eat noodles. Its not that we minded, we had a good time eating his portion too.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  10. Chitvish

Thanks, Varloo. It looks very good!! My NRI niece suggests they use seasame seed oil for Chinese cooking!!