Good dhabas on Delhi Punjab Highway

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by Jassi123, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Jassi123

Jassi123 New IL'ite

Hello,

I want to know about good restaurants/dhabas that could be found in the way from Delhi to Punjab.

I have heard that there are some decent dhabas (hygienic with good food) in kaithal and Rajgira that happen to be on Delhi-Punjab Highway.

Please suggest some good options.

2. raminderkaur

raminderkaur Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    There are many dhabas on the National Highway. Whenever I am going from Delhi to Punjab via road, I must make a stopover at Pooran Singh da Dhaba. It is located near the Ambala Bus stand on the Delhi -Chandigarh route. This shop has quite a following. In fact there are some fans who make the journery from Delhi just to have a bite at this Dhaba.
    They say imitation is the best flattery. Seeing the success of Pooran Singh da dhaba, there are at least ten shops with the same or similar sounding names. The original shop is located near the corner of the road. I love to have Mutton and Chicken curry at this dhaba. Other staple dishes are also available.

Bye!!! Do let me know about your experience at this dhaba.

2 people like this.
  3. Isabel66

Isabel66 Junior IL'ite

Hi
    On my recent trip to Punjab we made a stopover at a Dhaba. It was located on G T Road, some 40 km from Delhi. It was called Gulshan Dhaba. The dhaba had a regular clients and seemed quite popular. You can get a whiff of the achar from some distance away.
    The dhaba is famous for its paneer dishes. We tried both the paneer parantha and the malai paneer. They were simply out of this world. The paneer just melts in the mouth. We also tried the dal makhani and the mixed vegetable dishes. They too were great.

4. Arshi09

Arshi09 New IL'ite

Hey,

There are some very decent resorts and dhabas on the highway...You have Haveli, one near sonepat and one near Karnal...

Near Karnal, you'll also find Mayur Dhaba, Karna Lake resort (Oasis) and a food court having MacD's and other good fast food joints....
    Going a bit further, in Kurukshetra, you'll find skylark....in Ambala, you have Sagar Ratna and Kingfisher resort, both are very good especially if you have a need to go to the rest rooms and freshen up.....

Hope this helps!