Happy Teacher's Day!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Visu2k, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Visu2k

Visu2k Gold IL'ite

[​IMG]

Today, 5th of September 09, is the Birthday of S. Radhakrishnan, the first vice-president and the second president of India, renowned scholar. It is celebrated as Teacher's day in India.

On this occasion I would like to remember my sister who is a Primary School Teacher in AP along with my own childhood teachers in Gandhi Centenary High School namely Ms. Sarita (for Biology), Mr. Prasad (Physics), Ms. Padma (Social Studies), Mr. Shastri (Telugu), Mr. Sharath (Mathematics)..

Please thank your teachers in this thread and if possible, recount some tales about them.

Thanks,
    Visu...

1 person likes this.

2. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear all,
    I would like to thank my teachers, Periyanaayagi ( Tamil teacher ) , Ranganaayagi ( Economics ), CS (this is how we use to call him -- Maths ), who are all my role models.

My mom is also a teacher. Would like to wish her Happy teachers day.
    :hiya

3. madhupreeth

madhupreeth Senior IL'ite

I salute all my teachers ....
    Happy teachers day dear teachers...

4. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Though an old thread, thought of posting here a tribute to all my teachers I have had at school and college. Also, special tributes to my mom who was a teacher too.

I still remember those childhood days when I went to places with my mom, some adult or the other would walk up and talk to her asking "Teacher, do you remember me? I was your student in 3rd grade, now I work as so and so, I am glad that I was able to meet you after many years...". My mom would be so proud and happy to see her ex-student with her eyes totally filled-up :)

Happy Teachers Day!

1 person likes this.
  5. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Happy Teachers Day to my Parents, PILs and also to all my teachers...

I am so proud that I am the daughter of two teachers and DIL of two teachers...

I salute them and also my favourite teachers from my childhood days to my college days....

Thank you Jerusha mam, Amalorpavam mam, Jerome Sir, Rejish Sir, James Sir, Padma mam, Arulin mam, Robert Sir, Lata mam, Edwin Sir and Franklin Sir for being my great teachers.... I am sure that I learnt from you the valuable lessons of my life....

Moreover I am always learning as I am surrounded by whole lot of teachers all the time....

Teachers Day greetings to all my teachers....

Thank you....