1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Benefits of eating saltless food

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by knowmore, Jan 21, 2008.

1. knowmore

knowmore New IL'ite

How does eating Salt-less food really help in having better health for a person with no BP,diabetes or other such ailments?
    Knowmore

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Dear,

As far as my knopwledge goes...if you don't have any disease and are healthy then a little amount of salt is necessary. As salt too has its own good virtues.

Any particulat reason for going salt-less.

Roopa.

3. ChhayaaN

ChhayaaN New IL'ite

Hi,
    saltless food is very good for health..It removes excess water retention in the body. you feel light, you are not tempted to eat junk food,hence you maintain your weight.I EAT SALTLESS FOOD FOR A WHOLE MONTH IN A YEAR,the chaitra masum.Aword of caution pl counsult ur doctor berfore you start on any thing like this.
    love
    chhayaa

4. shikamadhav

shikamadhav New IL'ite

Salt is like medicine..Not for taste..My doctor told me in 1992 I have BP..As on today i did not go fo medication..I use minimum salt and i use lemon and pepper instead..

5. Jlatch

Jlatch New IL'ite

Salt is referred as the King of Tastes & Diseases.

On an average, man needs 200-300 mg sodium to maintain good health. The salt that we add in food for taste is known as sodium chloride. The natural salt in vegetables, fruits, milk etc is called sodium. The sodium outlet is based on the atmospheric condition outside. The natural Sodium can be sent out easily without any harm to the body.

The salt that we add to taste is roughly from 4000 mg to 25000 mg. Means we are consuming salt many times than required to satisfy the tongue. We do get the natural sodium more than enough through our natural food like fruits, vegetables, milk etc every day, causing no deficiency.

Please check the Salt the Culprit article in the "livingnaturallife" site in net to know abt how our body reacts and the various diseases attributed to more Salt consumption.
    Sorry I cldn't mention the exact url in my thread as I'm a new Ilite & my response wld be blocked. If not able to find the url, PM me I can send u the exact url.

Thanx Knowmore for initiating the thread as it had prompted me to gather info on the ill effects of more Salt consumption.

Jlatch

6. karthik_as30

karthik_as30 New IL'ite

Hi,

When you are on the saltless food then what all do you have. can you share few recepies pls

7. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

Hi

If you eat salt less food you are losing on the IODINE which is essential for the body and it can be added only in Salt. If you are really concerned with Salt, try LOW SODIUM SALT which is good.

If you eat salt less continuously, then your body will forget to react when you start to eat at a later time. Its always better to be balanced with all tastes but in moderation.

You can reduce on pickles, junk foods, chips, pappads etc. which has high sodium content. Mac Burger has one of the highest sodium content..... for info.

Rgds
    Shanti