1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Domestic violence

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tashsin, Sep 3, 2012.

1. PeacockLady

PeacockLady Silver IL'ite

deleted....

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

I have not read all the replies so if someone has already given this information it will be a reputation .
    1. After an incident ( hitting, pushing, slapping,threatening) your friend should immediately call police. If she cannot she can get out and ask someone for a cellphone or knock on a neighbor's door.
    2. He will be arrested and she will be given no for nearest Asian women's shelter/ assistance.
    3. She can get a restraining order. If she is not working the shelter will help.
    4. when she is alone she and he is not bothering her she can think what she wants to do.

Just informing parents,etc is not enough. This is something she needs to do on her own. She should get her job back . DV leads to murder so she should seriously think about this marriage. She can have a better life without him.
    These people never change and it's harmful for children to be in such atmosphere.

Good luck
    FL

3. beanstalk

beanstalk Gold IL'ite

If you really care, call police/cops and inform them about the domestic violence. Even if the girl does not concur of it as domestic violence, the husband would still be scared straight after the visit of cops once to their house. They can specifically mention that the neighbors or friends reported the incidents so that wife does not have to take brunt of that anger.

But if otherwise, you can visit her, give her strength to also report to police and get out of this abusive relationship.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I agree with beanstalk. If I were you I will inform the police. Her life is in danger; remember that. Should he get so aggressive that he hit her hard, and something happens to her, you will never be able to forgive yourself.

5. drsurabhijain

drsurabhijain Silver IL'ite

No words for such pathetic PIG ( Sorry Pigs I apologise for comparing him with you.He is not even worth to be called pig)

Please contact police...