1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Domestic violence

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tashsin, Sep 3, 2012.

1. chandannasta

chandannasta Silver IL'ite

Tashsin, I am not so satisfied with your story. There is something missing. An MCA topper as you mentioned cannot take the slaps so easily. MCA students are trained so well which I know very well. There is something which is not being told fully. You know what I personally believe. A Clap is not done on its own. It needs two hands to make a clap. So I would just say that you easily said the story of your friend on her part. Now what is the boy's story we don't know. So I would say listening to just one side of the talks many decisions can be taken which may be good/bad and can spoil/improve your friend's life. The decision is yours. Choose it wisely.

1 person likes this.
  2. needhelp123

needhelp123 Silver IL'ite

Trained well to deal with abusive husbands??? I ve been in an abusive relationship and I know how much one struggle to do the 'right' thing. There are always those false hopes that things will change, that you can change him, that he loves you etc.
    You become a emotional fool! Even though you know better.

Tashin talked to that guy and he gave a very rude reply!
    Her friends got scars on her face and all so what more is to know? No matter what her friend might ve said or done can justify the abuse!

2 people like this.
  3. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

ask her to give him back 8 slaps and tell him she loves him..
    ask her to break his laptop/phone and tell him she loves him..

sometimes we should give it back and make that person understand.. ask her to inform parents and find out a solution.. if she is ready to divorce, tell her to complain in the local station.. the guy should not be given divorce easily.. else he will spoil other girls life also..

4. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Domestic violence cannot be tolerated. period.

5. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Thanks guys for your reply..a girl is suffering from this and some are not setisfied with story...:bonk I am not a story writer I am here just to know your views I already call her parents and tell all the things, the thing is she dont want to involve her family in this(her dad is heart patient now you can understand) second thing is as I said she is topper but not that bold to give any reply to DH...homely girl..and in MCA they don't tech you how to handle your husband...as I know :spin! The thing is she love him so much don't want to leave him or file any complain against husband..I already talked with my cousin on this..she is very homely and honest type..I am feeling bad for her..she love her husband and new thing I came to know she is pregnant..OMG I really don't know how to help her..if I ask my cousin to stay with them for a week..and he can try to talk with her hubby as they are good friends..

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You got many advises Tashin and I hope that your friend is freed of this monster soon.

On a different note, he sounds like a bipolar. Has he been diognised with it? If this started suddenly and before he was fine, could it be that he stopped taking medication?

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Nope; I wouldn't suggest this. What if he gets even more aggressive and her life gets in danger? Without help on her side, tackling violent people is extremely hard.

8. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

it may not be a popular advice but the right one i think.......

ABORT THE PREGNANCY.......

Bringing a child into this abusive and potentially explosive situation is a recipe for disaster.........
    Also it will hinder her from leaving him thinking about the child.......

Dont make it messier by bringing a child.......

Take care
    chow

9. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

hi Tahsin

Theres nothing that i believe that you can do from your end though. I believe as a good friend you have tried to advice her and gave her all options but finally its her life and looks like she has decided to undergo the abuse rather than fight against it.

As i said before, its a sad plight to still see girls sacrificing themselves and believing that they are doing so for their parents happiness but what they fail to understand is that the same parent would be so unhappy and would even go to the extent of killing the guy just to ensure his daughter's safety.

And getting pregnant right now is just too bad and would make things more worse for your friend. Hope she comes to her senses soon.

10. chandannasta

chandannasta Silver IL'ite

Hi Tash, My apologies for my comments if they were rude. I didn't meant to hurt anyone's feelings. Tash first thing is your friend located here in India or US. If in US then she can easily get help because there are many organizations who can help her out immediately within 24 hrs. US has such facility and they provide everything at your doorstep. In India it might take some time but you have to use your own instincts which organization you should go with.