1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Physical abuse :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rajapriyab, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Rajapriyab

Rajapriyab Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I have been going through the toughest phase of my life since after marriage. I have been married for 2years and am single parented child. There were lot many misunderstandings between myself and hubby due to both parents and lot many problems also.

Last week our gas cylinder got emptied so we had to manage in Induction stove. So I asked my hubby to have dinner outside and we both went. There he told me that we can have rice and curd even for dinner its not good to have food outside. I said from tomorrow we will cook. The next day he went to his brothers home and I stopped him saying to spend time with me and kid (he is back from europe after 5 months) he said he has to go and he went. Later he came in the evening (after begging him to come) and we went to took a lease house. We all returned by 8.30 only. So I thought to manage with curd and chutney for dinner. He got angry for this and after dinner he beated me badly.

I just told him that I will complain to police if he beat and for that also he beated me once again. So I told him to get out of the house. He went out and its been two days. he didnt even call me. ( I am staying in mom's home since he went to abroad and these incidents happned there only). Today I called him and he just replied me that he had nothing to talk to me and kept the phone. I am really fed up with his behaviour. He is not helping me in financially too. But I am afriad to live alone with my kid. I am not sure what i can do now.

But It is always striking in my mind that living alone will be happy rather than living with this guy. I have 10 months old daughter and i want to adopt twin boys after a year and want to lead my life with them. I am really fed up sometmes thinking about suicide too. While writing this am crying like anything. ladies please give me mental strength.

2. needhelp123

needhelp123 Silver IL'ite

Physical abuse is not acceptable! Good that you have sent him out of the house.
    Don't contact him anymore.Take your time to think what you really want.
    From my personal experience I can say life without an abuser is definitely better than living in constant fear and misery! It is painful but suicide is not an option. You have a child to take care of.So be strong!
    But I would rethink the idea of adopting twin boys now. First get your life in order.
    Divorce, child custody, getting a new job (?), new home etc. lot of things to do before you decide to take responsibility for two other kids.

9 people like this.
  3. chandannasta

chandannasta Silver IL'ite

Rajapriyab, you are well educated it seems then why do you sound like you are innocent and don't know anything what to do. First of all you will think I am rude and what not so that hardly matters to me because whatever I speak I will tell you now because that will in turn help you out but if you feel bad then I wont apologize. Okay so let me start with my suggestions. You have a hubby who abuses right. Do one thing if you got your father or any good friend who knows to deal in law thing or anything as such take them along with you to the cops and lodge a complaint. If you are going alone then also do it wisely. If you are afraid or scared to go then just contact a good NGO who protects women's against domestic violence. See the background/review of that NGO because I see that some NGO's are also involved in flesh trade business. So its better to do a online check of it. Once you have made up your mind go ahead with that NGO and ask for your rights from your husband. Rights I will explain you about what. Financial rights to take care of yourself and if you are a mom of a kid. Half the value of the house for you since you are his wife. Wife gets everything in equal whatever belongs to her husband if its in his name only otherwise you don't. So go and sit and suck his brains out and ask for your rights. If he beats you again take 20-30 ladies from the NGO and do the best you can. I don't need to say what. A women can be a good wife/mother/sister and if the time comes she can even be a kalika devi for people with bad behavior.

1 person likes this.
  4. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

You have given half the version here, that too only yours, or probably i didnt know your problems you posted in previous posts and i havent seen them.

Some confusion, why do you want to adopt two twin boys when you have a child. And that too you are telling you dont have any financial help from him. Not that adoption is bad thing, but when you are afraid to live alone with your one child, why again adopt others???

Assess your situation, i dont say go for divorce right away as you seem to be unsure and in confusion right now for whatever might be the reason. Go for counselling with your husband if possible.

And if you think that he will abuse you in future and wont mend his ways, we have provisions in DV Act where husband is responsible to give accommodation and maintenance to child even without divorce.

But he can always counter the cases and with our judiciary, no one will be the gainers except some lawyers and corrupt officials.

You need to have clarity about what you want in your life so that someone can suggest you better.

Good luck

5. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

Are we dreaming??? Where does this half value for the house to wife arises?? And which laws says what ever husband has half to the wife???

The provisions you mentioned are no where in the currently law, be it HMA/DV Act or 498A.

Legal advises should not be given without proper analysis. At the max what she can get immediately is interim maintenance for the child (if wife not working, she can also claim but there are enough rulings where well educated wife with capacity to earn herself will not be entitled for maintenance.)

No were property clause in current law. Advises pertaining to marital differences and divorce should not be given in haste. There is no shortcut and legal approach will need long and endless battle, often running to several years, if not decades.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  6. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

How does this fit the bill in the current situation which is already messy ?? OP ... are you financially strong enough?? If yes, suggest you opt for seperation for some time.. see if your hubby turns around and ready to make some compromises.

7. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

I will say talk to him and ask him why he is behaving like this. Hitting u is a strict no-no and he has no right to hit u! May be shun him out of ur life for sometime if he is not going to change his behavior, as he thinks he has the right to do anything he wants. He needs to know that he has to treat u with respect.

8. chandannasta

Bharats just give me sometime, after reading your comments I have joined some law forums right now and will soon give a feedback with all the clauses and sections soon because I am good at researching online.

9. Rajapriyab

Rajapriyab Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the suggestion friends.

Am really under confusion. If he is not coming back regretting for beating me, have to lead my life alone with my kid. I dont want her to grow like me (without any siblings) thatswhy thought to adopt.

I dont know what is going to happen. When I called him, he just told me that "there is nothing to talk" and kept the phone. I am sure I havent done any mistakes from my side. I could not tolerate him beating me thatswhy asked him to go out of the house and threatened that I will complain to police. If i didnt say this, he could have beated me so badly than this. Now he is in angry with me :(

I dont know how to proceed now. I am ready to initiate talk with him even now. But he is not ready for that. I will wait for sometime for him to come back. If he will not come back, i dont know. I will lead my own life with my goals and responsibilities of taking care of the kid. I am really frustrated. Why god is punishing me by giving this kind of life to me.

10. chandannasta

I don't know English so well, but still I will say it. A tap will come to a well on its own for water, the well doesn't have to go to the tap (Nulka khud kuhe ke pass pani ke liye aayega, kuhe ko pani ke paas jane ki zaroorat nahi). When a hubby needs what he wants, he will come to you on its own and that point of time you make him wait more. Let him get anxious and then get your work done easily. First secure something financially for your kid and yourself and then get ahead along with him otherwise let him cry for his own mistakes.