1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Domestic violence

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tashsin, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Hi all I am posting this behalf of my best friend
    She got married in 2011.. It was arrange marriege...very quick type, the guy was in UK so all happen just in 15days..
    Background: girl is from a good family she is like perfect girl nice and sweet, topper of MCA..befor marriege she was working
    Husband: soft eng..good looking, good salary, very loving and careing..But now he become like animal..no love na care
    After 9month of marriege Suddenly he changed..he use to slap him without any reason, use to taunt her for parents and trow the food..and now he is doing this frequently 4-5 slaps badly, she called me for help I don't know..what I can suggest her, she left her job because so many scars on face and body everyone use to ask in office..now he disconnect her Internet connection and phone so she is not able to contact with anyone helpless..and the worst thing is I know her husband he is friend of my cousin so I know all this I talked with him on this but he said she is my wife I can threat her the way I want.....I feel like slapping her husband 100times heartless man...
    Please suggest what she can do..I am feeling so sad for her..4slaps everyday and after slaping he use to say I love you baby you are my life.. I don't know what kind of guy he is hoe can he treat this badly...

2. needhelp123

needhelp123 Silver IL'ite

Tell him to repeat these words to the police!!! ....This makes me so angry. What a disgusting creature he is!

My suggestion would be that your friend leave him immediately. But guess she won't.
    So other option is to inform the authorities the next time he attacks her. And she should go to a doctor and make a check up. I feel it will be good if her injuries are documented somewhere so she will have some evidence just in case she wants to take legal action against him!

1 person likes this.
  3. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

Ask her to involve her parents in this.It is an arranged marriage right?Parents will be ready to help her.Her hubby's attitude is sick...

4. Sowmya2709

Sowmya2709 Platinum IL'ite

He should be a Psychopath, if he says I Love u after hurting and treating her very badly.. This is really an offence and should be taken to Police Notice.. Does her Parents know abt this???

5. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

He himself needs 6-8 slaps from police everyday and also to hear from the police that we care for you and this is for your own good...

What a pig.......

Sorry dont know why i keep disrespecting pigs........

They are much better.......

I would like to use some words but they'd be against forum decorum..........

She shouls immediately leave him......
    The more she stays with him, the more emotionally scarred she will be when she comes out.......

Please understand...... This cannot be solved..... It has to be finished....

If it is to be solved then he has to spend time in police station and then mental asylum and meybe then some therapy of some kind.......

Now i'm thinking whats the point of marriage with so much abuse for no fault of anybody........

Eekh......
    Mind numb gotta go cool off

6 people like this.
  6. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friend,
    Its strange that your pal is taking in doses DV everyday , leaving job because of slap marks etc.
    Being a working lady she should not be scared of walking out even if she doesn't want to file a police complaint.
    The guy is loving venting his frustrations on her and she is being treated like a punching bag.
    Please tell your pal to walk out, why talk to relatives, parents etc?
    Her safety comes first, it appears that her self confidence is broken and she feels she deserves the ill treatment.
    She can call the police, go to a police station, Help centres or even to her neighbour. Let the guy's name turn to mud, who cares !
    Hope she is not into saving the family name, no divorce etc.
    No DV should be tolerated, the first time should be the last.

4 people like this.
  7. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

this is a classic case of an abuser. An abuser has a few phases. First is the building of the problem, next comes the explosion, third is the harrasment and fourth is the love phase that makes him show the love. Once the cycle gets completed, he gets back to square1 and starts the abuse all over again.

The question here is not about what your friend can do. It should what is it that she wants to do. Seeing that she is well educated and was working before, she would surely have known that what she is undergoing is physical abuse. So is she willing to continue like this? If yes, then for whom is she sacrificing her life for????

If not, then she should right away complain on her husband and try and get separated from him. Life after separation would be bitter and hard since she is doing this for no fault of hers but life with him is no easy either.

As a third party, you and me can discuss this a lot and suggest her ways but how far your friend wants to solve this problem depends on her. If she is unable to call the police by herself, i am sure the neighbours or anybody she contacts regarding this problem can help her out.

I dont mean to be rude but i feel bad that even well educated ladies like your friend still take a backstep in these times just coz of society or whatever might be the reason. A confident woman like her should never have allowed her husband to illtreat her but that was allowed to so much extent that she is now giving an average number of slaps that she receives per day.

3 people like this.
  8. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

She needs to contact police and send him to jail for domestic violence. Make her contact the embassy and they will take it forward to relevant authorities. Also her parents need to get in touch with her. It's time to act fast before it's too late for her life!

9. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

What is that she is expecting???

It is said that she is a topper in college and working woman. Let me tell you, we have so many laws to handle these kind of cases. When she can call you, why not call her parents or police???

It seems she doesn't want to escalate these things to her parents.

First try to know what exactly is in her mind. And if possible ask her to post her case

Remember, marital quarrels are unique and between wife & husband.So even you are an outsider when it comes to explaining this case.

It is not your opinion or anyone else opinion that is important here. What is that in your friend's mind...to be precise when she called you what help did she ask you???

10. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

domestic violence should not be tolerated at any cost. Your friend should seek help - be it from the police or her parents. She needs to move out. Her parents should be told of her condition. The girl may not want them to know but no parent would want their child to go thru' this trauma. Marital counselling is going to be of no use - the guy is beyond reform.

Your friend might be too scared to ask for help. Please get her the help that she needs before it is too late.

love,
    kylie

2 people like this.