Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

today's fb is frm my amma.as she is in to millets n all these days,i had given her the recipe of jowar idli ,millet dosa n others which you had posted here.she promptly tried all of them n gave a positive fb.infact these days she has lot of variations in cooking than before.poor me ,iam unable to recognize anything other than quinao and try all your recipes with it only.first i need to find where i can find all millets.
    as usual i have been cooking with your recipes most of the times and feel that i might bore you with my repeated fbs of usual dishes and hence dont peep here regularly.

thanks for all that you are.
    love
    raji

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji,
    it is niceto hear fromyou :)

great news that amma is into millets without prejudice!! It is surprising that you have not been able to identify if they are available in your place!! I loved your cup cake photos in Fb!!

I am posting our dinner for your visual pleasure, Raji :)

thinai  kichdi.JPG

5 people like this.
  3. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

superb photo .closeup view is enough to make us dive in to it through the screen.Amma loves the variety and these days she is all for this millets :)
    Thanks a bunch for your appreciation,it means a lot to me.
    oh millets here with the chinese names are a hard nut to crack.i should go with the help of google baba ,take printouts of how they look n then start shopping for them.
    i have a basic query here of how much ..?usually when we cook for a group how should we judge the quantity per person,considering the fact that it is full meals.how do you judge the amount of food in such circumstances?
    i miss all the group fbs here .it was so encouraging at times n would keep me going.

thanks for all tht you are.

love
    raji

4. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    Last sunday made Pizza. The dough did not rise . So the pizza turned more like naan with all the topping:hide:. But pizza being pizza, my folks just finished it up happily:).Yeast was the culprit. I got the yeast packet just 15 days back. Ants sensed the presence & invaded just that packet in the cupboard. I'll now get a fresh packet to try white bread.
    Yesterday made Alfredo sauce with Pasta. That sauce is just wonderful. The flavour of pepper is just enhances the taste of the dish. I cooked pasta & made the sauce in morning before going out and in the evening it is as quick as the instant pasta. The kids just loved it:thumbsup
    Love,
    Damini

5. aarth0203

aarth0203 Silver IL'ite

Dear c,

I have been reading your recipes for a while. Yesterday was the firs trial, I made Kara Dosai with Red hot chutney. Super yummmmmmy domination, my DH went gaga about last night's dinner. I am planning to try one by one, your tips column is very useful. Thanks soooo much. I will update you on my progress :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    for dinner on Friday, I made rawa dosai and they turned out so good. Attaching a photo. Nowadays I don't feel like going out to restaurant to eat, only when there is need. And after seeing a photo of a large bold in a dish in Sanjeevanam during Onam sadhya (in Chennai Food Guide), I am more discouraged.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  7. Chitvish

Dear raji,
    It is not easy to say how much to cook.
    It depends on so many factors.
    Men are generally hearty eaters, whereas women "show off" by nibbling.
    How many dishes are there?? Just a few or a large spread? How many sweets, desserts etc.
    Making pulao with 2 cups basmati will suffice about 8 people with 2 parathas per head besides side dishes. Larger the spread, smaller the quantity.

8. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

Thank you for the reply.yes deciding the rice quantity for a large group is always tricky for me and i tend to cook more .will follow this guideline next time.will write back to you of how it went.

Fb for today,last evening had a hearty dinner with spinach and corn quiche along with the channa pasta salad and lettuce soup.your quiche recipe is so simple with no compromise in taste.this tastes better than the elaborate ones with lots of ingrediants tossed in.it was a perfect dinner for a rainy evening.

Thanks again for all that you are,

love
    raji

9. Chitvish

Dear friends,

I am very happy to announce the wedding of my younger grand daughter
    Manasvini Sridhar
    with
    Krishna Achuthanandam.
    The wedding is fixed to take place in june.

Please partake the sweets,I made to announce this joyous news.

gulab jamun.JPG

13 people like this.
  10. Chitvish

Dear Damini,
    The yeast is best stored in the fridge!!
    I find it convenient to store one sauce or the other for pasta, in the fridge, so that the pasta can
    be rustled up in a jiffy. I now cook pasta in pr pan:
    1cup pasta + salt + oil + 4cups water - 2 whistles
    I enjoy your feedbacks, thankyou!!