Cape Town - South Africa

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by parasmanic, Aug 15, 2012.

1. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Hi

No response yet :( for my post on Indian ladies to introduce themselves but im not giving up ....not just yet :)

Let me post all my queries on this thread as and when i have any and lets hope ill have some answers

1. Calling card to India??

2. Grocery shops having Indian lentils & spices??

3. Restaurants serving Indian food?

Sonu

2. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

In Bo-Kaap there is a shop on whale street called Atlas Trading Co. it has alomost all things needed for start up......rice daals flour n masala it even has pickles :) papads and all the spices available in commercial packing or loose as u might need it

3. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

There is a place called Shayona at the corner of Pine Road and Murton Road....this place is heaven for foodies who like pav bhaji, bhel chat n all savouries here are really delicious, besides they also sell ready food like daal rice chapati n curries (pure Veg) also they have sweets like kaju katli, peda n barfi....they also have pulses n grains this is surely heaven for Indian's

Sonu

4. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

In Gatesville there is temple street please do visit the Vishnu Temple, arti is conducted daily evenings and on Sundays they have several things conducted from Divine Life activities to Satsang etc.

Sonu

5. Sarisha23

Sarisha23 New IL'ite

Hi!

I am new here on the forum but in Cape Town for a few weeks now.

There is an Eastern food bazaar in Adderley Street in the cuty that is very cheap with authentic food, witha range from North to South food.

All spices can be bought in Rylands, as it has tons of Indian stores there. However, most of the chains stores carry the major spices int he brands of Robertsons and Taj/ Osman.

I am here for a few weeks more, and now work for a media and publishing company, (pharmacist by profession), and would love to be of assistance.

6. Shuba1

Shuba1 New IL'ite