Quaker Oats!

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by VrittiK, Aug 31, 2012.

1. VrittiK

VrittiK Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Oats is taking a lot of place in everyone's kitchen now a days....
    Just wanted to know a few recipes of oats...I do not like sweet oats, so anything that is salty or in any which way we can combine oats to make some nutritious meals and veggies will be really helpful!

Thanks a lot!

2. ManuSethi

ManuSethi Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Oats are a such a ready to use thing...You can powder them in a mixer and store them.

Can make dosas out of it by putting a lot of veggies in it....You can also put oats powder while making dough for your chapati....

Its healthy for everyone and tastes excellent.

3. MansiS

MansiS Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I use Quaker Oats a lot in all my meals....

I prepare bread pakoras in oats powder instead of besan and they taste very yummy....if you want the yellowish color, you can put turmeric powder in it....

Also, I make cutlets, idli, Koftas etc with oats instead of besan or any other flour....

You will not find any difference and the health benefits will be multi folded...

Try it and enjoy!

4. Arshi09

Arshi09 New IL'ite

Hi,

I tried Sooji and Oats idli with veggies and it tastes yum....

Also, you can powder oats and preserve it and it will come very handy.....I also make cutlets and tikkis of oats.....no body in my house comes to know about it and I am happy to serve them the healthy option :)

I also tried making shakar pares (if you know), of maida, whole wheat and Oats flour....One you get in market is of maida only.

Try stuff and be creative and I am sure you will turn your meals into more nutritious and healthy ones.

Tc