1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

No more lies --Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kishoremommy, Jan 19, 2012.

1. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Kishore mommy,

I should :bowdown at your feet for this great principle. Its highly tough.

I do not lie often, but i tell some small lies like, :" i want the clothes to be done by the weekend" to the tailor who normally is known to take a weeks time more than the promised date.

In this kaliyugam, its very difficult to be a complete truth teller! its very difficult and very testing.I have been telling my dad who is a patient that he is completely alright. He is wondering as why he falls sick often if he is termed healthy. Such things i cannot avoid .. :( for i do not have the strength to face the truth.

I used to tell more lies , simple ones to escape from scoldings.. but once after DH told me that he does not like even white lies in relationships ( be it him or parents or inlaws) even though its for their good , i have not hidden anythying or spoken any lie. I hope i would start avoiding the smaller lies too soon.

People like you serve as a good inspiration to the rest, showing as what kind of pleasure it would be to be all true!

Riyakathir and kishoremommy like this.
  2. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sarajara,

True,it is very testing.Regarding the lies ,you tell your father,in your situation,anybody will do the same.

Please,don't regret for that.

Thanks a lot for your cheerful words.

3. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kishore amma..

I am soo touched by your thread.. I also dont lie, but i am not like do not lie at all.

In office, to the clients, i am lieing.. My hubby alsone beleive me in the whole world as he knows i dont lie to him...

God bless you dear.... My prayers to finish your magathavam successfully..

1 person likes this.
  4. drsurabhijain

drsurabhijain Silver IL'ite

very very interesting thread. great to know some one is there who believes in what i follow. yeah its v v v v difficult to avoid lies. But I HATE LIES. I strongly believe if you don't say lie you cant be scared of anyone. you don't have anything to hide so your confidence level is superb.

With Gods grace i am in a profession where I don't have to lie. My work speaks for me. secondly My truth makes me trustworthy with my patients..

Very good thread..loved it..

1 person likes this.
  5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Kishoremommy...

A great salute for your resolution... Its not easy not lying and you have achieved it for many months... Wonderfully written...I will try to start from now too.... Thanks for sharing....

Shanti

1 person likes this.
  6. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

Hi Kishoremommy hope it is going on in a goodway,become you are a role model to many

1 person likes this.
  7. kishoremommy

Thank you, drsurabhijain.

I am very glad to find a like minded person.

Keep going.

8. kishoremommy

Dear Shanthi,

Have you started to follow this principle?Initially it would be hard.But,this gives an opportunity to follow the tracks of our thoughts,deed and words.

9. kishoremommy

Recently,we celebrated our toddler kid's second birthday.

I was so happy that I was able to follow the principle without any problem.

Now,it has become a habit not to lie.Believe me,people do notice when you are honest and I am looked upon as a role model by my elder son (10 years old).

My mother also tries her best to speak truth always.DH seldom tells lies( His profession)

He is 100% truthful to me.

When I write something funny about the dresses in Worst dressed celebrities thread,just for fun,does it comes under the category of telling lies?

Somebody please,clear my doubt.

Thanks Chaitusri for these kind words.

10. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

How can teasing or making fun of someone become a lie?It comes under one of the categories of bad habit where lieing is another category..:rotfl:rotfl

1 person likes this.