1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daily motivators club---to apply face pack everyday and keep the skin clean and fresh

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by rosy786, May 4, 2012.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Daily motivators club---to apply face pack everyday and keep the skin clean and f

Hi all,

The facial i did last weeks seems to have worked very well:thumbsup
    The face feels fresh, soft, and glowing :) I have been applying olive oil in the mornings before bath and using green gram and milk for bath mix.

Tomorrow planning to put some hair pack before bath... lets see.

2. Sindhurak

Sindhurak Platinum IL'ite

Re: Daily motivators club---to apply face pack everyday and keep the skin clean and f

Hmm.. Do in next week may be it works good then..

I'm applying Banana for every 2 days in this week. Its working very good for my skin.
    and I'm washing my face daily with green gram powder at nyt and then applying banana and going to bed after that.. Every morning I'm finding my face very fresh.. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

If we have time greengram powder is teh best solution for many problems, few people add dried rose petals, the powder of oranges skin/dried used lemons powder to that greengram powder which gives good results.

1 person likes this.
  4. Sindhurak

Sindhurak Platinum IL'ite

Ok then, Apply pure coconut oil daily before going to bed for that part of skin and leave it for whole nyt..
    do this at least for 1 month so U can see the results.. It works for all normal patches.. If its not fading with this U need to try anti marks cream..

5. machan

machan Platinum IL'ite

Today Banana+honey pack for face washed with green gram .For hair henna leaves.

2 people like this.
  6. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

hai everyone,
    me also want to join this group...plz share some tips for tanned and dull skin...how v make green gram powder at home...in morning v are using faceback using malai and curd after that skinlooks very oily? what is the best time for put face pack?...instead of face wash v can use green gram powder???...thanksin advance...

1 person likes this.
  7. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

AkilA,

Is it good to apply green gram pack daily to face?
    It is similar to scrub, so applying daily is good or not am not sure..

It cleans my face nicely but seeing white patches here & there.. My mom had this white patches thing.. When never I use cleanser also white patches gets visible.. Any clue on this?

8. Pavirang

Pavirang Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Akila,I will try there.

1 person likes this.
  9. AkilaMani

Hi meenu,

Welcome to the thread :)

For Tanned and dull skin : Daily, you can apply curd for 20-30 minutes and rinse it off.
    Weekly or once in 10 days, scrub with green gram and milk, mild steam for 5 minutes, and wipe and apply a face pack that suites your skin type. Rinse and follow thru with rubbing ice cube.
    Monthly or once in two months, go for a facial in a good parlor.

Green gram powder : Grind dry green gram into powder in a mixie and then seive it and store the fine powder in a bottle.

Malai/curd all have fat content, so they will leave a trace of oil. I usually wash it off with a drop of face wash.

Green gram powder is granular and is better to use as scrub than as a face wash. If you do wish to use it, then try to make it super fine and use it with raw milk. even then, i feel that it is best to use only 2-3 times a week.

If you want to avoid face washes and want to go all natural, you can try raw milk with few drops of lemon or just raw milk. use a cotton ball to wipe the mix all over the face and rinse with water. But somehow i feel fresh only after using at lease a drop of face wash ;-)

Hope this info helps:)

1 person likes this.
  10. AkilaMani

Hi Anitha,

I don't think it is a good idea to do it on a daily basis as it contains rough granules, even if we sieve it well... and also we do not build up so much dead skin on face on a daily basis to scrub that often. Using it once a week for face is a good idea. I alternate between oats and green gram for body on alternate days and use it once or twice a week for face.

I have not idea about the patches. since your mom also has it, it may be a skin condition unrelated to your facewash and green gram, in any case it might be a good idea to consult a doctor as well.