Should I join a bpo job? Need opinions.

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by soumyapr, Jul 2, 2011.

1. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies, I need some opinions from those who are working. I am looking for entry level jobs. I applied for many jobs and also enrolled in a part-time content/technical writing course. I am also going to enroll in distance MBA programme.

Meanwhile I have received a job offer at bpo. This is a support job in bangalore but has night shift. My husband is not keen that I go for night shift. But I want to get a job somewhere while I am taking training courses because I have no job experience and I am 30+ now.

Should I take up this job, try it and see how it works for me? I am only worried about the shifts, I am wondering whether it would be possible to cope with shifts? I also don't want to ruin my health. Not sure what to do. What is your opinion, please share.

2. simi001

simi001 Senior IL'ite

HI Soumyapr

Just read your post, Regarding working in BPO I think its a great avenue
    I have myself worked in this sector for a good 2 years
    If you are concerned working in shifts its actually not a big issue, when 100's of people are working around you at the same time you wont feel any difference.
    It might just be somewhat inconvenient for the first few days(sleep pattern wise) but as long as you manage to get enough rest in the day , and if you follow a healthy lifestyle health wise also it should not be of major concern.

hope it solves some of your doubts

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I am assuming that your husband works in a dayshift job. If yes, then the time both of you will be together during the week will be very less. During the weekend, you will be working on firday nights till sat morning. So one day of the 2-day weekend will be lost.

Can you stay up late at night? Some people can adjust very well to staying awake the whole night, some people develop health problems. It entirely depends on your body's capability.

If you and your husband are ok with it, then give it a try and see how it works. If you feel your health is being affected, then you can quit the job. Meanwhile, keep searching for the regular day-shift jobs.

4. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

Simi001, does it become very hectic? And how good does it hold on your resume?

orion thanks, yes these are some issues. Will it help in my resume if I work at a bpo? I guess it will be hard to do a training course and a bpo job together. I searched for day-shift jobs too, can you suggest right place to look for day-shift? Does it help going to a placement agency. My husband is not at all ok with the night-shift job, his concern is same we won't be together at all.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  5. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

It depends on what line of career you choose. If you want to have a career in mainstream IT, BPO experience will not carry much weight.

Yes, it would be difficult to do a training course and night-shift job together. By the end of the day, you will be very tired due to changed sleep patterns plus you need to attend training classes and practice.

You can start looking for HR or admin jobs which dont require any experience. A good place to start is naukri, monster and timesjobs. Prepare a good resume highlighting your qualifications and strengths. Then start applying for jobs in these sites. If you require any help regarding this, let me know.

It might take sometime to land a job. Dont get disheartened. You will surely land a good job.

6. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

Thanks Orion, I searched for a lot of HR jobs too. The one's which do not require experience are recruiter jobs. The skills for such jobs state end-to-end recruitment process, headhunting, screening. What is head-hunting?

Most HR jobs seem to be for freshers, since I am not how can I modify my resume for the job better?

Here is job responsibilities from one of the HR jobs I saw online
    · Understanding the manpower needs and ensuring accomplishment of the same with the resourcing team

· Sourcing and shortlisting of profiles.

· Administer & evaluation of tests and assignments.

· Conduct Interviews for junior positions

· Interview coordination, follow-up and feedback at junior and mid-level.

· Coordinate and organize campus recruitment activities pan India.
    <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="934"><tbody><tr><td style="padding-left: 20px; padding-top: 0px; border-right: 1px dotted rgb(204, 204, 204);" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="659"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="649"><tbody><tr><td style="padding-top: 22px; padding-right: 15px;" valign="top" width="431">
    </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" height="5">
    </td><td valign="top">
    </td></tr></tbody></table></td><td style="padding-top: 0px;" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top" width="255"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="254"><tbody><tr><td width="17">
    </td><td class=" txt4" style="color: rgb(85, 61, 175); padding-top: 20px; padding-left: 10px;" valign="top" width="237" height="30">
    </td></tr><tr><td style="background: url(&quot;<a href=&quot;) repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent;" http:="" media.monsterindia.com="" v2.1="" r2o="" articles_top.jpg&quot;="" target="_blank">
    </td><td style="padding: 2px 0px 5px 10px;" valign="top"><table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="5%">
    </td><td width="95%">
    </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" width="5%">
    </td><td width="95%">
    </td><td width="95%">
    </td><td width="95%">
    </td><td width="95%">
    </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="background: url(&quot;<a href=&quot;) repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent;" http:="" media.monsterindia.com="" v2.1="" r2o="" logos_top.jpg&quot;="" target="_blank">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>How to make a resume to target this kind of job without much HR knowledge. This is for a trainee level job.

Thank you for all you help.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  7. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Soumya,

Here's the link of sample HR resumes: Human Resources Resume, Human Resources Resume Sample, Human Resources Resume Tips, HR Resumes, Resumes, Free Resumes. You can use the sample resumes to create your resume.

If you dont have experience in HR, you can showcase your capabilities and your strengths. You can include keywords like:
    • Organizing training and development programs, employee relations in human resources department.
    • Assisting managers with hiring procedures, screening of candidates, coordinating interviews.
    • Knowledgeable about Progressive Disciplining, Preventing Sexual Harassment, Managing Diversity
    Meanwhile you can lookup these keywords on google and find out what they mean and process to implement them, if any. This will give you an edge in the interviews.
    For example, you can give the following answer for the question, how do you shortlist resumes/candidates:

1) Make summary of your client's requirement. Salary package, experience, qualification etc

2) Generally, from the database you wont be able to shortlist resumes as per salary...coz it is negotiable...so shortlist them as per experience and qualification asked by your client..

3) you can sort it out by previous experience as well...For instance, if your client is some financial company...then look out for the people who have previous experience in the same field

4) it could be shortlisted as per years of experience

5) Keep the database in Excel...Best option....Client's name, shortlisted candidates'name, qualification, experience, expected salary (if available), contact number and Email ID

Let me know if you have any queries.
    <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

8. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

Hello Orion, thank you very much for the guidance, I have been working on making a good resume for HR. I am trying to make it targeted to HR jobs as much as possible.

Thank you for the explanation. I have been trying to find more about things like sourcing screening shortlisting that are used so much in HR jobs.

I found some frequently asked questions in HR recruiter job but cannot find answers to all of them. If you know answers to any of these questions, please share.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->
    1. Tell me about your current role ?
    2. What is the first thing you do when you get a requirement?
    3. What are different methods of sourcing you use?
    4. What is your sourcing strategy for different level of experiences?
    5. How different will be your strategy for volume and niche requirements?
    6. How effective is Mass Mail and Job Postings in portals ?
    7. How to use Job Postings and Mass Mail effectively?
    8. How do you use Linked-In for recruitment ?
    9. What is your resume sent to shortlists ratio ?
    10. What is Boolean search and how do use it(with an example)?
    11. How effective are social networking sites for recruitment?
    12. What are the different technologies in which you have sourced profiles till now ?
    13. How many positions do you close every month?
    14. Have you done headhunting ? How do you do it?
    15. Give an example where you went extra mile to close a difficult position?
    16. Which part of recruitment process life-cycle do you like most and why ?

I am a little confused what to answer in interviews when they ask what are you currently doing since I am looking for a job and do not have any previous work exp. What can be a good answer for someone like me. Please share.

9. swathiudhay

swathiudhay Bronze IL'ite

1. Tell me about your current role ? End to End IT Recruitment Starting from analyzing the job requirements to follow-up of candidates/consultants after joining.
    2. What is the first thing you do when you get a requirement? Analyse and understand the requirement
    3. What are different methods of sourcing you use? Job Portals, Social networking sites, Head Hunting, Referrals
    4. What is your sourcing strategy for different level of experiences? Strategy is same for all types of experiences...its all about searching correctly in the job portals and Social networking sites. Referrals, job postings, linked in would work best while searching for experience guys.
    5. How different will be your strategy for volume and niche requirements? Here when it comes to volume u need to have time management. Time is very crucial and need to submit with the turn around time. Dont waste more time on 1 requirement if you are not getting profile more to the other one.
    6. How effective is Mass Mail and Job Postings in portals ? Mass Mails and Job portals are very important. Mass mail helps you to contact employees in large numbers at a time and also people who don't answer you phone calls. It is very useful when u have volume and niche requirements. Job Postings- It is said that only 30% of the people who are looking for job post their resume in job portals. So how do u target other 70%..Job Posting is the answer...They would search and apply for your job.
    7. How to use Job Postings and Mass Mail effectively?
    8. How do you use Linked-In for recruitment ? Contact more people on linked in and join groups where u can post jobs and even you can send message to people after you add them to your list.
    9. What is your resume sent to shortlists ratio ? This every recruiter is different. I would say 2-3 out of 5.
    10. What is Boolean search and how do use it(with an example)? you need this while searching in job portals. Example: AND, OR, NOT
    11. How effective are social networking sites for recruitment? Linked in, Free Job boards, Groups, Facebook are effective.
    12. What are the different technologies in which you have sourced profiles till now ? List goes not dear. Few technologies are Microsoft technologies(.Net, C,C++), ERP(sap, Peoplesoft), Java/j2ee, DBA's, Project Managers, Business Analyst, System Admin etc. You can find more just Google.
    13. How many positions do you close every month? 1-2

10. sujanak

sujanak Junior IL'ite

Hi Soumya,

First of all best wishes to you. How is your job hunt is going on. I'm lil eager to know 'coz i'm also trying for the job now. But I have technical exp. but 'coz of kids i got to take a break. now searching means it's pointing my gap in b/w. Please guid me what are all the steps that you took to get success.

thanks
    Sujana