1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do with your Wedding Sarees?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by brahan, Jul 27, 2010.

1. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hey All,

I am sure everybody would have got the Best of sarees for their wedding .Mine was a very Rich Saree (I should say SAREES :p . Can you imagine i had to change to 8 silk Sarees on my Wedding Day Alone???) and very costly too..

As they are very rich by looks i cannot wear them very often to every Tom Dick and Harry Marriage as it would be too grand..Also with a kid i am sure no one would prefer wearing a Saree.

So what did you do with your wedding Saree..Is it sleeping in the cupboard like mine???How many times have you worn it after that???

Share your thoughts on this...

2. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Mine also very original kanchiwaram silk saree and very heavy also.

It is sleeping in my Mum's home. I want to give it away to some poor family. But my mum was adament and took the saree from me and keep in her cupboard.

I honestly think it is waste of money. Mine cost exactly Rs.27000/= and it is total waste. On my D.day i wore and that it....

As you said - we cannot wear anywhere else also. Before my marriage i begged my mother that i will take 5 sarees instead of one,,,, but my mother was talking about family prestige and this and that....

3. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thank You Jaya for the FB

4. abhinavkumar123

abhinavkumar123 Senior IL'ite

I bought three wedding sarees and each sarees cost more or less 9,000. I do not feel that it is waste of time to keep in Cupboard. It is only a beautiful memory of it.

5. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

I wear the dupatta to my wedding saree for karva chauth pooja, the saree weighs 15 pounds so no chance of me wearing it again. My MIL says that I should wear it once a year but it is too heavy and it would look silly.

6. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

I purposely bought a less expensive saree - Just 7000 something (in 2003)- even then, its quite grand z-I wore it once again for my first cousin's marriage in 2009 coz I could fit into the blouse after that long!

7. springsnb

springsnb Gold IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  8. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Mine are sleeping too . I have worn mine may 2 times after wedding, at my sister's weddings. At my wedding my mom bought only 11 sarees as I was going to go abroad so not that usefull. I get hardly any occasion here to wear them.
    I gave away all my sarees except wedding lehnga, a saree that was my mom's wedding saree and a kanjiwaram that mil gave me. I am holding on to these. I gave other ones to my sisters & co-sis telling them to feel free to use them as they wish-- make into suits .

9. shireesha06

shireesha06 Silver IL'ite

I purposely bought saress less expensive 7k and 5k because I know I'm moving to US and no more saree frequently, I wore one saree for my sons 21 day party and that's it, it is in my moms place, but I love ithem and I will wear again for my brothers engagement. But I'm planning to order trendy designer blouse for them instead of buying whole new sarees for my brother s wedding functions like engagement n marriage.

1 person likes this.
  10. premabarani

premabarani Gold IL'ite