1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What are your favorite english serials?

Discussion in 'TV' started by SriPriya123, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Sripriya123,
    I used to watch a few, but you know what got me deaddicted? When I got a job :)
    A job (or like eandian says a toddler) is an effective deaddiction strategy LOL :)

Well, I still watch sometimes but not so regularly. Need to find time :) I'll use this thread as motivation to find time to watch :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  2. devips27

devips27 New IL'ite

Crossing Jordan(netflix) is gud..

3. SriPriya123

SriPriya123 Silver IL'ite

Yes Ragini.. At this point i've neither - job or a toddler.. So trying to make the best out of my time!! (oh god!) I'm devising more strategies to allott time for this.. ;)

I'm trying to watch serials when i wash vessels or fold clothes.. Can't watch while cooking tho, i will mess up both.. You should also try sqzing in some time during any monotonous work :)
    pulling you into the addicted club ;)

4. SriPriya123

SriPriya123 Silver IL'ite

Hmm, description in netflix sounds interesting... What else you enjoy watching in netflix?

5. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Eandian!
    How about writing one?! You seem to have such talent for these DILemmas? Or should I say DILammas?
    Anyway, no votes for "House MD" or "Mad Men"?
    I don't think you are watching enough TV. Slacker!

PS: Mad Men is trashy, guilty entertainment.
    House is over the top, silly at times, but Hugh Laurie is a great actor, and the writing in the early seasons is very good.

2 people like this.
  6. nottie

nottie Silver IL'ite

Hi ILs

I watched breaking bad which is violent, but really a good one. The serial is still going on, hope they plan to finish it by next summer.

7. mikku

mikku Gold IL'ite

I think these names have been mentioned by most of you already, my favorites:

Seinfeld- all time favorite, though called a show about nothing but quite original and hilarious!

Big Bang Theory- though some of the scenes/dialogues look like a spill over of Friends, nevertheless nerdy- funny and very close to my heart since hubby has a bit from each character on the show :p little bit ONLY :p

Friends- love it, except for the parts where Rachel and Joey go out, how about some boundaries guys?!!! thank god the relationship did not go any further and I wish Ross and Rachel's wedding was shown.

ELR- the show is funny and very close to home in the sense Marie can give a stiff competition to the Indian version of a nasty MIL.

Grey's Anatomy- used to be a favorite up to the 4th season, too many new/unimpressive characters thereafter, and Dr. Burke disappearing did nothing good for the show.

Food Network's Next Food Network Star- used to like it until last year, year before that was my favorite since Indian born gal made it to the top, though I guess she could not keep up with it. This year the judges acting as mentors was a total turn-off and was reason enough to switch off the show :(

1 person likes this.
  8. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

I am going to list a few. Sorry for the repetition of the series' name.

Seinfeld - I din't understand a bit of it when I came to U.S. 3 years back. But now, its my all time favourite. Whenever there is some related situation in my life, I never fail to quote what happened in that series in such a situation. Infact, I have downloaded all the season and play it when I get bored.

Mentalist - I love the character Jane patrick potrayed by Simon Baker. Eagerly waiting for the new season to start.

NCIS - First detective action series I got hooked to. I used to wonder why our Indian serial directors don't even think of new stories. If you watch any detective series, you would never find any similarity between the screen plays. Of course, the reasons and the basic story sometimes might be similar. But after watching such series, I find it so dumb to watch regional language movies :T poor me!

Person of Interest - The new series rocks. I wonder how serial directors here think out of the box. Waiting for the new season to start.

Everybody Loves Raymond - I love his mom Marie and the husband Frank. Also, those kids..they are so adorable.

Inspector Lewis - Its a slow moving series when compared to american dramas. But what a detail, what a story. Inspector Lewis and his associate Sargent Hathaway finds the murderer in every story.All this takes place in London. I bet no one can detect the murderer till the last This is telecasted by PBS. Previous shows can even by watched online in their website. pbs.org

Sherlock Holmes - A british drama just like the previous one telecasted by PBS. Stories are adapted from Conan doyle works but with a modern touch. Title character is potrayed by Benedict Cumberbatch to perfection. Again the series moves slow. But once you like it you will get addicted.

Hercule Poirot - I have recently got addicted to this on Netflix. They have all the 6 seasons. David schute portrays the character so well that its as if Poirot is not a fictional character and a real life one.

1 person likes this.
  9. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

NCIS - I watch regularly, Mark Harmon is one of the highly paid, TV actor.

Hawaii five o - is good, watch it regularly.

Blue bloods - good.

House MD - Used to be good, now it gets to the point of grow up 'house' and stop torturing the assitance, you are not that great!

1 person likes this.
  10. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

"The Office" series. (American version)