1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to Apply Eye Liner?

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by SSSMagic, May 21, 2012.

1. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends...
    How to Apply Eye Liner?
    Mine is Big and Broad EYES:)
    I need to highlight it.. But it should not odd.. I ll not use it daily..
    Shall i use both Eyeliner and under eye pencil? Is it make my eyes looks big?
    For under eye pencil am using Himalaya.. Tel me some other brands..
    One of my friend is using both and her skin around her eyes becomes dark.. Why this is happening?
    Thanks In Advance:)

2. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Hi

You can use an eyeliner pencil, a liquid liner or an eyeliner brush dipped into a deep shadow to line eyes. If you use a pencil, set the line with eyeshadow because penciled lines tend to melt and won't stay put all day.

Too apply liquid eyeliner, line the eye from the inside of the lashes outward in one big sweep. You can also line the eye from the middle of the lash line outward, then finish the line from the inner corner of the eye to the middle.

Vasuma

3. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Hi Magic,

Whenever you apply Eye Liner , you should start from the inner corner of the eyelid and apply upward till the center point. Then start form the outer side , apply and end at center. Make sure you have applied full line. This is the tip i got from a beautician who is working for in cine field.

4. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot vasuma and shinara

5. Bhuvan2b

Bhuvan2b Junior IL'ite

I have been trying @ home to apply eye liner..but am unable to get a clean line..it gets shaky :(

6. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

It takes a lot of time and practise to get it correct :) you are doing the right thing by practising it at home. try what one of the posters here suggested. first apply one half from inside, then complete the line from outside. you need to break it up, dont try to put one line in the first attempt.

Keep practising, you will be able to draw a straight line soon :)

7. shilpan

shilpan New IL'ite

Hey,

U need to break up and apply like suggested by crazywriter. If ur using liquid liner for the first line. I suggest u get liquid liner with felt tip, so even if ur hand is shaky u can manage to get straight line. I recommend Body shop liquid eye liner
    A tip: i used elf/revlon crayon liner before i used liquid it helps u to apply liquid easily.
    Dont use liquid liner for ur lower lid always use pencil (L.A Girl) or crayon.
    If u remove eye liner using eye makeup remover the skin under ur eye doesnt turn black. ( cheapest and good makeup remover: use johnson baby oil)

8. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

use No smudge and water proof eyeliner, this will not smudge and give bad look after few hours of wear. Using felt tip is good idea. Practice many time & you will get it! Try using different color eyeliner, I always liked peacock blue color liquid eyeliner.

9. beautyindia

beautyindia Junior IL'ite

i don't know about it..sorry..

10. aliyasmith13

aliyasmith13 New IL'ite

First rest the elbow of your dominant arm on a hard surface, and rest your wrist on your face. Tilt your head back slightly and bring your eyes to a half-open state. This creates a good angle for application, while allowing you to see what you're doing. Use your left index finger (if you are right handed) or your right index finger (if you are left handed) and pull your eyelid gently to the side and slightly up, toward the far end of your eyebrow. This step is optional, because some people find it easier to draw accurately on a relaxed eye; also, stretching the eye may encourage wrinkling. Try both ways to see what is best for you. To prevent the eyelid from shaking if you do not pull it, focus gently but intently on your eyes in the mirror. If you are applying eyeliner to someone else's eyes, ask them to choose one spot on the wall to look at. Keep your arm steady. Draw a line across the upper lid on the lash line (as close to your lashes as possible while still on the lid). This creates the desired illusion of having thicker lashes. Soften the look by gently smudging the line with your brush, a cotton swab or your finger. If you desire a crisp, straight line, as is the case with liquid eyeliner, do not alter unless it's messy. Any cleaning touch ups should be done with a cotton swab dipped in eye makeup remover. Remember that there are many variations on eyeliner looks . If this is your first time, you might want to start with a smudged eyeliner look. Line the lower lids . Trace the outside of your eye (close to the lower lashes). Moving from the outside edge inward, draw a line lightly, but don't go for perfection, you can go back over the faint line and darken after the stroke. Your line should be slightly thicker at the outside corner, becoming thinner as it moves in toward your nose. Follow the shape of your eye. It looks more natural. For a natural look, apply brown or black/brown eyeliner to 1/3 of your top lash line, and 2/3 of your bottom lash line. Blend the line with a cotton swab. If you want a dramatic look, try double winging your liner. Or try a thicker line. Try different styles and find your favorite. But a classic line always works great. :thumbsup