1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Would You Ever Get Married?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by satchitananda, Aug 14, 2012.

1. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Don't know. I envy my friends who are still unmarried. So I guess my answer would be no.

1 person likes this.
  2. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

Not sure if this question is also meant for men in this forum.

But for me marriage is a big noooo, at least as long as im in India

May be i will get out of India and would give it a try again and check my luck

1 person likes this.
  3. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Can I get just the man without the family or with a different family, sort of having my cake and eating it too!!!

Jokes apart I thought about this yesterday all day and I still don't have an answer....I love my married life, but I loved my single life too. I sometimes think that if I was not married there is so much more that I could do with my life, yes I could do these things now too but some of things I never knew I liked untill I got married. Marriage has made me more worldly, helped me discover my true calling in life and has also made me a better person....yes at the same time teaching me the art of saving oneself while trying to avoid some mental live mines that are spread around the house, every six months....To conclude my answer would be yes, but conditions apply!!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Hmmmmm..I really need to think on this, coz I want to spend my life with my DH! But seeing the whole thing (MIL and missing my parents, family and friends circle with all those so called responsibilities and restrictions), at times I feel may be live-in with him could have been better! :whistle
    I really don't know how much that could have worked but may be after a while we would have ended up marrying each other as we did 1.5 yrs back and that's how I am free to be with him and neither my mom nor his mom is concerned abt the fact that I am spending the night with him!
    :rotfl :biglaugh

1 person likes this.
  5. archie4u

archie4u Senior IL'ite

I don't know how many have read the TRIPURA RAHASYA but i think this beautiful scripture explains a lot about why marriage is neither the beginning nor end of happiness!

3 people like this.
  6. archie4u

archie4u Senior IL'ite

Tripura Rahasya - Arwind Vasavada - an english translation
    I think Ramana Maharashi too has done a translation of the same, don't have the link for that, sorry..

4 people like this.
  7. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

In the background of just reading things on IL, I'd still get married. But I'd look out for deal breaker signs and stay away from such guys. Yes, I'd still get married - bad things only happen to others right?

But, if I were to travel bak in time, with the memory of all that's happened, I'd rather be happy single!

1 person likes this.
  8. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Thanks very much. I did not know about this. I think it must be because it is a 'rahasya'.
    I appreciate the link and look forward to reading it!

9. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Are u sure,? Did R. Maharishi do a translation for that work? He attained mukti on 14th of April 1950 And this book was first published in '63. Of course, u might have read about Ramanar, if not see The Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi website

10. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Stay Single !. I love freedom and more of 'what i like is what i do' , wild and adventure type.But i have compromised a lot for marriage.
    Iam happy what iam today. But i think it's not worth the pain iam going through.
    I pray god that all lesson learn in this life is accounted some where in my brain that i don't forget or may be my profile with God(that i understood xyz give me abc) because i don't want to learn the same **** lessons forever in my upcoming births.

Ya! No Joking!. I believe in another chance and re-birth!.

2 people like this.