Delhi Haat!

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by MansiS, Jun 21, 2012.

1. MansiS

MansiS Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Has anyone been to Delhi Haat? I have heard a lot about it, its exhibitions, food and art and craft. Even heard you get all types of food from each and every state of India under one roof....be it manipuri, maharashra food or punjabi or kashmiri or south indian.....:wow

I am planning to go there on a weekend...can anyone tell me the route to reach Delhi Hatt?
    Plus can we bargain there? Is there an entry ticket? and last but not least is there any parking issue?

Since I am planning to go by my car instead of bus or metro.

Look forward to your inputs.

Thanks a ton.

2. littledaisy

littledaisy Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Seems you are quite a foody :) with your WOW icon...

Yeah! Delhi Haat is a very good place to hang out. Yes you can bargain on stuff there.
    You'll get some very traditional stuff of different states under one roof...even if you do not want to buy, still you must check out the stuff.

Entry fee is very reasonable , i think around 50-100rs.
    You have to pay by yourself on the food counters.

Parking is no issue, there is ample space...but then no one can predict the crowd on a weekend so its better to leave around 4 or 5 pm on a summer evening so that you can reach before 6 and can have a good place to park your car.

Route I have no idea but its near AIIMS
    Enjoy and have fun!!

3. SameeraSingh

SameeraSingh New IL'ite

Hey,

I have been to Delhi Haat too and its an amazing place to hangout esp on weekends.....you'll find food stalls of almost every states with their famous cuisines.....

The shops exhibit very good stuff and worth buying but not without a bargain....

Enjoy!

4. NitiSaini

NitiSaini Senior IL'ite

Hi
    At present there are two Delhi Haats. The first one was started at INA near AIIMS and the second one which started a couple of years back is at Pitampura near the TV Tower. The primary purpose of Delhi Haat is to encourage the sale of traditional handicrafts from the different states of India. Therefore, beside the food stalls there are stalls of crafts men from the different states of India- from marble inlaid showpieces (Kashmir) to heavy wooden statues (karnataka) Chikankari work (UP) to name a few. The craftsmen too change every month so that everyone gets a chance.
    The best way to reach Delhi Haat is by the Delhi Metro- you need to board the Gurgaon Metro and get down at the INA Metro station. The station opens out on the doorstep of Delhi Haat.