1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Would you marry your husband again?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

Marriage itself is a question.?... if given a chance i would not even Marry.... then let go about same husband...

2 people like this.
  2. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Well, no.. Staying single is the best thing that can happen. And over time, I would change my career to be a kindergarten teacher, so it keeps me happy :)

But as I like to remember, dreams sometimes make you more dejected.

But if the question would be - Do you love DH? Or would you have loved DH had you known what you know now. Then my answer would have been a triumphant YES YES YES!!!

So that brings me to the answer, if he were born into another family. But then who knows how the other family would be. Which again brings me to the same answer!!!

Sorry for the confusion!!

5 people like this.
  3. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

NO.

ironically, for a long time i did not even want to get married. but, seeing my friends get married to great guys, thinking about companionship in the later stages of life, and my biggest reason- to have kids. i relented. big mistake.

common reasons most people get married for:

love: i loved him at one time. i have no idea why he married me.

companionship: he's hardly ever at home. even on the weekends. when he does happen to be home, he hardly talks (but opens his mouth to criticize, yell, negate and disparage), makes me feel like an unwanted piece of furniture.

support: this is my huge issue. i thrive on appreciation, affection and encouragement. not to the point of neediness, but these are pretty important to me from the person i am married to.

intimacy: i remember, on our honeymoon, i happened to run my fingers thru his hair, in response, he brusquely shook my hand off and very rudely told me, do NOT do that! you'd think i stuck an electrode or something on him! intimacy? what intimacy?

to make a long story short, the husband might as well be my roommate. at least, from a roommate you might get a smile or a small hello!

forgot to add: married for close to a decade. yeah, i am a loser!

i am happy for all who have replied in the affirmative.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    10 people like this.
  4. beesidhu

beesidhu New IL'ite

Again ????NO ...and wont even get married thats a best way for me

5. beesidhu

beesidhu New IL'ite

I can fully understand what u goin thru ....u r not Alone dear

3 people like this.
  6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I guess my preference is with majority.... remain single :)

I don't know if it is my age or what, but lately, I keep feeling like someone from above is holding up their hand and saying "ellam mayai" (everything is an illusion), while I am hurrying through life's chores each day!! And this is when I really have no major family drama or issues in my marriage. Husband, in-laws, parents are all normal people.

Of course, if I could have my daughter without the "marriage", I would go for it!

4 people like this.
  7. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Oh yes!! I would be happily married to my same man, with whom I'm crazily in love..:kiss
    If my dad promises to attend to my wedding,:cry:
    If at all my mom-in-law wouldn't curse me for making her son fall for me,
    If I don't have to go through hell all over again in making both sides accept each other (at least for namesake),
    If I would get a chance to at least drop in at my IL's place who are just a street away.
    If my mom-in-law would never ever say that she wouldn't even touch my kid (just coz it has Hindu blood) :frown:
    Above all, If Indian society would be more tolerant towards religion and hindu-muslim marriages aren't a big stigma.

All my I belief over the years that its Love that matters the most in marriages, are shaken every now and then..shakehead

-Neetu-

5 people like this.
  8. bhappy

bhappy Silver IL'ite

i asked this question today to my husband and he instantly said a yes without thinking ! I was surprised and asked him why ??? :) I don't know what to answer and then I told him I will surely marry him if he decides to settle down in India and not here in a foreign country...oh I so want to go back and settle in my home town but so scared if that would be a wrong decision, hence not forcing him too.

9. sashacurios

sashacurios Silver IL'ite

ohh yes.... i would love to marry him again and again... i am happy and content with my life and my DH(touch wood)
    i wouldn't say my life was smooth... Life has its own ups and downs... but looking around the world, i tend to look at life worse than me... and i am happy with what i have... also he's awesome :) (touchwood again :bonk)

10. sukoi80

sukoi80 New IL'ite

Wow! Wonderful topic. Its time to introduce my wife to this forum.