1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

food ideas for 1 year old - working mom

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by abh16, Aug 14, 2012.

1. abh16

abh16 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies/Mommies,

I have a 1yr old son and i am a working mom. My DH looks after my DS in the mornings and I go home at 5:30 in the evening. So, I can't give anything hot or fresh to my DS to eat. Can anyone give some ideas any food recipes that i can prepare quickly in the morning so that my DH can feed him or any quick ones that my DH can prepare for my son freshly. Normally I cook dal and curries at night and rice in the morning before i leave to office. But I want some good healthy recipes that can be made. DS is not eating enough food. Please suggest..

Thanks,
    Bharathi

2. abh16

abh16 Silver IL'ite

Any replies please.

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi abha
    One can prepare upma it takes few minutes only.. Previously roast rava well when you are free and cool....store in a airtight container.. When you want to prepare without roasting and in jiffy too ... .Also you can make pongal too.. If you have chopped vegetables then you can add them when cooking pongal and serve it with ghee...
    You can check this link...

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/baby-kids-foods/1463-toddler-and-preschooler-foods.html#post5255

Please check chitvish Jiffy cooking ideas..
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/15534-jiffy-cooking-planning-menus-all.html

1 person likes this.
  4. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

you can make khichdi (in a rice cooker, which would make it quicker). khichdi can be made with different dals, sweet or savory, different veggies, tht wud make so many versions of khichdi..quick and not boring
    also, u can mash idli with curd or milk and feed ur baby
    u can make wheat/rava sheera with jaggery and milk/water

if u dont find time in the evening, u can also wake up early while ur baby is asleep and make meals for the whole day..

2 people like this.
  5. abh16

abh16 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your tips vjbunny. Also will go through the links and try those.

6. abh16

abh16 Silver IL'ite

Hi Sahmaara,

Thanks for your reply. I am already making khichidi on weekends. I will try the other options too.