1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Too thin..

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by msanu, Aug 2, 2012.

1. msanu

msanu New IL'ite

Hello everyone!

I am faced with an issue not many face. I am overly underweight and I do not know how to bulk up. I have tried almost everything from eating healthy meals more frequently, eating not so healthy meals with a lot of trans fat, drinking protein shakes and even doing weight training without doing cardio exercises. I will gain a few pounds when I do all these (max. 2 lbs) and lose it all after when I stop for a week. I've done blood tests and my doctor has told me I'm perfectly healthy so she is very reluctant to prescribe anything to me to assist me in gaining weight. Also, I also have a very busy and active lifestyle and rarely get 8-hours of sleep.

Can you all suggest anything that will help me in gaining weight. Thank you in advance for all the suggestions :)

2. vimjothi

vimjothi Junior IL'ite

Me too facing d same problem.... But I haven't done any exercises..

3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

One of my distant cousins was very frail and thin when she was young. I remember her telling me that she was advised to eat bananas!!!

Increase your calorie intake. Add a slice of cheese to sandwiches.
    Have a lot of nuts.
    Increase your portion of starchy vegetables like potato.
    You can even add a dash of cream or butter to your favourite dish.

Of course, do not go overboard, but begin gradually.

My cousin is a pretty young lady now and has a very good figure. No one can believe that she was very skinny before.

4. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

I would advise the same. :) dont worry about it, you are far better off being skinny now. I can say as I am in the same category.

5. ramkarthick2011

ramkarthick2011 Bronze IL'ite

How do you feel about stamina???

6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

7. aparna27

aparna27 New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I am also facing the same problem of being too thin..I am 26 and I weigh only 102 lbs.I want to gain atleast 10lbs to look good and healthy..Suggest me some vegetarian food...

8. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

Hi Aparna

Try to have badam milk every day if you are too thin.Make almonds into fine powder and mix with milk n drink daily.Also can have banana with curd rice.try this you can surely gain weight.

9. Nanimom

Nanimom Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Don't worry for being thin.
    See, as you said you are trying your level best.. Its may be due to heredity you are not gaining weight, if it is true, you can't expect sudden increase in weight in the period of 1 or 2 months.
    If its not the reason try to eat well and work out.

Here are few tips to gain weight,

1.Take 1tbsp of ghee and add 1tbsp of sugar to it mix and lick this mixture little by little In emptystomach just before lunch and dinner .and then after 30 mins you can have your meals.
    - Continue this for atleast a month to see the benifits.
    2. Make a habbit of consuming one well ripen banana with a cup of warm milk with a tsp of ghee mixed or stirred into itwith little sugar .Heresugar is for taste.
    3.Make a habbit of eating food in little quantity for very 2 hrs.Here i dont mean junks.May be fruits,vegetables,juices,dry fruits etcs.
    4.Always eat well balanced food,Which includes all the essential components including good fats also.
    5.Drink water after you meal atleast 1 cup full.this will help for better digestion and also to gain weight .
    6. Boost up your apittite by working out daily foratleast 30 mins.May be brisk walk,or just alittle bit of walking,dancing etc.
    7-Make a habbit of taking a light nap after a afternoon meal for about 30 mins to 1 hr.This willalso help to gain weight .Try to get sound and good amount of sleep at nights too.
    8. Try to remain calm and happy.this contentment is really required because this is always related to mind .Body and mind are interlinked...So well balanced state of body with mind is called as a healthy condition or the man is called helathy.
    9.Eat soaked dry grapes or dates soaked in warmmilk over night .this should be taken empty stomach.It will also increase the Hb% .thus acts as two in one.
    10. Take ashwagandha chooranam twice daily.

Regards
    Kalpana
    --

10. lovisa

lovisa New IL'ite

hello all,

If you are suffering from under weight issues then have to take,
    2 bannanas with a glass of milk every day in breafast....
    It really works...

thank you