June 2011 moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by akijay, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Lathangi - Tanvi is super cute.. even Raksha looks like her only difference is she has wavy hair and tanvi has straight. I remember you had asked me earlier for the porridge receipe.. I guess I am tooo late now to reply as our babies have already started eating normal food. Raksha just spits out if I give her porridge :) big girl u see ;-)

Ramya - Shayna will get over with the fear in sometime. How is Shayna's weight gain now. I think all kids love water.. Raksha screams when I pull her out from her bath tub.. she just wants to splash water again and again :)

Akila - its been such a long time you wrote here.. congrats on Rithvik walking. It must be hard on him as he was used to all attention when his grand parents were around.

Achu- yes its super cute when Raksha tells those words.Try giving just the egg yoke first then move on to the whole egg. he will get adjusted to it. Really these little ones are learning things so fast and making us proud :)

What plans for krishna jayanthi? I am planning to have pooja in the evening and get Raksha dressed as krishna. Will let you all know how it went.

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sankna When is Krishna Jayanthi?

3. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Ramya,
    Rithik used to be so scared of cooker,vaccum before..dont worry shanya will get over it soon..
    Sankna,
    Nothing much for janmashtami,just planning to do pooja..yes initially it was very difficult for us to keep him engaged and now i found out that he is fond of all suntv tele serials as my mother in law doesn't miss any serial..he loves the serials title songs..hehe

4. ramyaramani

@akijay That is so cute. So Rithik is a serial buff!

5. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

@ramyaramani: Hope Shayna enjoyed the water games. Aarav wants to be with me all the time. He gives me company all the time in kitchen, living even in toilet.

@lathangi: You've got the best b'day present from yr DD. Loved the time capsule theme.
    Now Aarav is fine with the church bells. But I've to carry him if he is not in good mood and cooker whistles.

@sankna: Thanks for yr tips and I'll let you know the result.

@akijay: I seem very difficult to manage Aarav alone. Like ramya said, tough days are ahead. It wud be great help if your in-laws are with you.

6. lathangi.ch

lathangi.ch Bronze IL'ite

@akijay, @ramya,@sankna,@achu1 - Thank you. Guests loved this Time capsule concept and Tanvi is now left with lots of best wishes and they are funny too :) Now that she started walking, She is unstoppable :)

Sankna - yes i always feel all the babies look chooo cute and they all look alike :) would love to see her pics.they have grown big but i still give tanvi cereals sometimes :) It is so cute to hear the baby talk. Tanvi has an answer for all my questions. she answers in sentences not just words, so it's getting hard on me to decode it..he he.. usually i am pretty good at it:)

ramya - my mom told this year Krishna Jayanthi fall on two days, i.e. this thursday and friday. I plan to celebrate it on Friday :) hehe.. may be shayna will open her kitchen(cooking) blog just like you :)

@akijay - really glad to see you back. Congratulations Rithu for reaching your milestone(walking) Even Tanvi is not too fast in reaching her milestones.. I had to be away from Tanvi for 10 days for my medical treatment, when she first saw me after my return, she literally argued with me with her long sentences. I assume she is asking where the hell have you been :) They do really miss their loved ones :)

@achu1,@ramya - It will take time for them. They will get used the sounds. It took a while for Tanvi for mixie.

Moms - I have a question for you. Do these kids really dream? Tanvi is crying in the middle of nights and she wants only her daddy. DH has to stand and hold her, otherwise she screams and cries loudly. We both think she got some bad dream. Before she cries we saw her face, and it looks more frightened kind of face. Or could it be anything to worry about? When we check with her dr(not her reg. dr) last time, he was like why is she still sleeping in family bed, she will have some disciplinary prblms, sids etc, which i wasn't happy with his answers/questions..

7. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Latha,
    Rithik did cry the same 2 months back,we called 911 DH and myself just dint know what to do with him,we wanted to make sure if he was fine..after that he got many teeths..might be because of teething..they do dream..i think..

8. lathangi.ch

Thanks akila... Her gums are all swollen all the time. I can see her back tooth are almost about to come out, but it has been the same for about 4months now.. She has loss of apetite, constipation when teething.. hmm anyways she slept peacefully last night and made us sleep :)

Moms - Does your LO's eat properly. I mean tanvi usually eat good. but she started showing no interest in reg food. She is bored of rice. All her meals include berries.. she is obsessed with BlackBerries. Please share your kid's daily recipes. I feel terrible that i am working not taking good care my baby girl..

9. ramyaramani

@Lathangi Thanks for the info on Krishna Jayanthi. I have now come to India. Gave a surprise visit to my parents and grandparents for a family function. They were all super thrilled.

It is quite a struggle to make Shayna eat. Check this thread for kids daily menu: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/baby-kids-foods/167255-daily-kids-menu-updates.html

@akijay Without your post, I would never have known about Krishna Jayanthi. I started to India on that day, so no dressing up.

@achu1 Shayna enjoyed the water games. Initially she was scared but later had fun.

10. lathangi.ch

Thanks ramya for the link. From now,I'll follow the daily menu updates.

Wow you are in India again. Lucky you!! I can imagine your parents' happiness :) we are planning to go this december after two n half years.. I am already counting days for my trip :) Enjoy your trip!!