Very High Sugar

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by mkranjani, Aug 1, 2012.

1. mkranjani

mkranjani Senior IL'ite

Hello,

Today i took my Glucose - 1hr/50g Glu (Plasma/GOD-POD
    Enzymatic) test and result came out with HIGH SUGAR LEVEL.. Now i am in 25th week of pregnancy.... THE RESULT MAKES ME TO WORRY... SUGAR LEVEL IS 180

very much worried..? is this normal during pregnancy or ll it affect my baby in any form.. pls help... WAITING FOR UR REPLY

2. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

hi Rajni
    I also had sugar same way, 25th week gtt test glucose tolerance test revealed it. many have it these days. not only u and me. I was adviced to walk, and diet control.by dietician. I followed it till my delivery. if we control our diet and stay active, sugar will be under control. and if it doesnt dr would prescrib you with medicines.
    and chance of getting dibetic as we grow older is high.
    dont take tension. just face the situation.if sugar is not under control, you will have a heavy baby during delivery.thats y they make you control diet.my son was 3.3 at birth. my friend who had sugar , had her chlild 4 kg at birth.walk for 20 minutes daily.
    take care
    regards
    resmij

3. malathia

malathia Silver IL'ite

Hi Ranjani,

Did your Gynaec see the reports ? I had a similar problem during early pregnancy and was advised with less rice and good amount of wheat and Ragi products in my diet.

Take care and not to worry. It is usually common during pregnancy.

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There are many people with Gestational Diabetes. As others have mentioned, babies weight will be higher which will make normal delivery difficult. With diet and walking, sugar level can be controlled. Ob/Gyn can advise you better.

5. mkranjani

mkranjani Senior IL'ite

THANK YOU SO MUCH... feeling better..! thx friend

6. mkranjani

mkranjani Senior IL'ite

Thx Ramya.. Tomorrow Doc's Appoinment.. ll talk to them clear..! my parents and my hubby's parents also have diabetes.. so, he told this is normal.. and we will work on it to reduce.. is this genetical..?

7. mkranjani

mkranjani Senior IL'ite

Thx malathi... Will surely follow diet..! even now itself i am eating less rice.. ll control others too..! lets pray to god for my baby..!

8. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@mkranjani The topic of gestational diabetes being genetic is being debated. But with both your parents having it, it puts you at a higher risk.

9. Oceanus

Oceanus New IL'ite

Hi ranjani, Don't worry about the high sugar. We both are in same boat now. I am 27 weeks now, last week I was diagnosed too. Instead of worrying that we got it, if we decide we can fight it, it seems like lot easier. Just take it one day at a time. Dietician will give proper advice and by monitoring the sugar levels daily will help you to learn about your body - the foods that you can take, and the foods that you can't. I learnt lots of new recipes in last week, and finding it that its not that hard to adapt to those recipes. Just 3 more months to go, and keeping our little one in mind that will go quicker. Good Luck.

10. mkranjani

mkranjani Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the replies..:hiya Now i am in Strict diet..! :thumbsup not taking rice for 1 week..! eating only wheat, ragi and broken wheat etc... even eating wheat bread only..! having guava, pomegranate, orange and other citrus fruits... sprouts...! avoided sugar in drinks lyk coffee, tea or even milk...:coffee avoided banana, mango, jackfruit, pineapple, sapotta etc...! :rant and walking for 3 to 4 kms daily.. Hope i will surely reduce my sugar within 1 month..! :thumbsup and i am feeling brisk..! lets do these things for my little angel...! I always wanted to gift his/her a healthy body and not unhealthy.. so going to follow this till my delivery..! wanna give birth to healthy baby...! Love you apple (my baby's pet name)..! :) will never make my angel to sufferby any means...!:bowdown