June 2011 moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by akijay, Oct 25, 2010.

1. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

@ ramyaramani
    Happy to know that the Ayushyahomam of Shayna went well.
    What are the fav food of Shayna? Try to give them while she plays in small quantity frequently. Aarav likes noodles. What abt Shayna? Sometimes if Aarav is not eating my dish, I'm giving him readymade toddler meals.
    Following the percentile line of Aarav is my only relief. But he is not much weight.
    I know abt the stuborn nature of our LOs. But we cant just leave them on their way, can we?
    About tandrums (*sigh*) Aarav bores showing his numbers to me n my DH. Now we waits my parents to come online and shows them his actions and plays.

@bril: As he grows his pranks n naughtines is also increasing. Now he directs me with his hands to go to each room. Even he points which food he wants to eat. Hope Vidhu gained weight.

@Sankna: Thank you. Yes, they dont want their toys. They only need the things we are using. What to do?
    How is yr LO? I liked yr kesari recipe. Any other quick dishes?

2. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Just got a little busy as Ashwin has started taking his first steps Ramya. He is able to take about 3-4 steps at a time without support, since the last few days. So I am always running after him. :)
    How are you doing? You are mom of a year old baby now. How does it feel? :)

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@achu1 I try to give variety. I dont want stick to only her favorites. I want her to eat everything and not be a fussy eater. The grandparents must be thrilled to see him play. They must be missing him a lot.

@stork No different except a feeling of happiness in terms of completing a year of parenthood. Time flies super fast. Ashwin is starting to make you run around. Some more days and you will be wondering how easy this stage is. Shayna runs from end of the house to the other. Just tires me out. Plans for the birthday party?

4. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

@ramyaramani: Yes, that is good in one way. I've started giving half boiled eggs. Now I'm not preparing foods specially to Aarav. He eats our dishes. Mmm...Grandparents are missing a lot:-(

5. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Ramya, yes I am sort of really tied up between work and home and not getting time for visiting here and updating.How is Shayna doing , is she talking any words?

Achu- i started giving eggs to Raksha from 7 months itself. Earlier half boiled , now she has some 6-7 teeth, so I am hard boiling and giving her. She seems to like it better than half boiled. Good to know he eats your dishes only, I still prepare soft cooked food for Raksha separately.

Our update, Raksha has started walking properly and is exploring what ever she keeps her hands on. Morning when she gets up, she asks for "breshhh" and after bath she asks for "dreshhh" :) :) She repeats few words when we talk to her. Its so cute to hear her say those words .. but she is getting uncomtrollable sometimes with her tantrums.. she wants to play in water after bath and screams when I take her out.. what ever in her hand she wants to throw in the bucket of water and see it drown/ float .

All of your little brats must be doing the same.. do share them , its really enjoyable :)

Hii to Ramya,Bril,gayu,stork, alll other friends..

6. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

@Sankna: Liked the day-start of Raksha:) She is memorising some orders, isn't she? After wake up _ brushing, after bath_ dressing, like that? Good. Keep it up Raksha. Last week Aarav vomitted after having egg. I dunno the reason. His health visitor said to restart giving it after a while. I give him yogurt everyday with some veggies from our dish and rice. I dip each spoon of the above mixture in rasam, as he loves its smell. When he bores my dish, I give him readymade toddler meals.

Now Aarav is trying to climb on sofas, bed etc. He knows to crawl down from them. He scares and hug me when the church bell strikes each hour. I talk loudly at that time which helps to some extend. Any other method, mums?

Hope all LOs are learning a lot of things and wondering their parents.

7. ramyaramani

@sankna I was thinking about you the other night and the next day morning you had posted. Was really surprised at the coincidence.

Raksha tells bresh, dress...that is so cool. Super. Shayna seems to be out of league with communication. She says apppp for appa. Amma only when she really needs me. Tha for thatha. Other than that nothing major.

Tell me about these tantrums. These kiddos are born stubborn. Shayna cries till we give her what he wants. She is being pampered by my MIL. Shayna goes to MIL the moment I scold her.

She stands near the main door asking us to take her out. Loves playing in the swing in the park.

She runs all around the house pulling clothes from different racks. Climbs on sofas, beds and jumps from there. Gives me a shocker everytime.

Every alternate week she goes on a food strike. So hardly gains any weight.

@achu oh..aarav is scared of church bells. Shayna is scared of pressure cooker whistles and mixie. Terrifies her.

8. lathangi.ch

lathangi.ch Bronze IL'ite

Hello Moms,
    It's been a while since i posted a reply. Last two months has been very busy with office work, house work, parties, wedding, vacations, medical treatment etc. Just to write up how busy I was, would take time :)

We celebrated Tanvi's first birthday with a Peacock Princess Theme! The party was a huge hit especially Tanvi looked more pretty than ever in her peacock tutu and to top it off, she did go to all the guests and not even for a second she cried in the whole party. Touchwood!! That totally amused all of us :) The minute she turned 1year, her stranger anxiety vanished. She now goes to everyone of course more to her Daddy. Yes she is Daddy's girl.. I also made a time capsule for Tanvi. Guests at the party would leave a note about Tanvi or anything and she will open it on her 18th birthday :) I am posting few pics here.

Now at the age of 13months,exactly on my birthday, she started walking few steps :) Wonderful gift a mother would ever get on her bday :)

@achu1,@ramya - Even Tanvi used to cry when she hears cooker whistles, mixie, vacuum cleaner or even a door bell. What I used to do is, I make sure to let her know the source of sound. Like when it is about to whistle, I take her to the kitchen and tell her that its about to whistle and make funny sound version of whistle. While vacuuming, I hold her and act a play and tell her let clear the germs off the house and noticed the second day she started playing with me :)

9. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends,

How are you all doing?Rithik has just started to walk on his own from couple of days..looks like girls are really fast...in laws were here for 3 months,they just left and rithik is missing them badly he cries whenever he happen to look at my fil pic..i really missed being active here,time just went like that..

Latha,
    I saw tanvi's pics..she is a doll..time capsule is very thoughtfull..
    Ramya,
    Rithik too loves the swing,more than that he will be curious to look at kids around playing.
    Achu,
    Oh thats good that aarav climbs down carefully,rithik tries it but mostly falls down..
    Sankna,
    Breshh,dreshh..thats cute i can imagine how you will squeeze her when she says that.
    Bril,stork,gayu,
    Hope you guys will also be running behind the kutties..Rithu has just started to walk,so for now its not really bad for me now,but he picks and eats anything and everything..

10. ramyaramani

@Latha I saw the pics in FB. Tanvi was looking super cute. Really good that she did not have any stranger anxiety. I am just waiting for Shayna to lose it. Time capsule..is a good idea.

She sure gave you a wonderful gift. You can never forget the day she started walking :)

I have shown Shayna both the cooker and mixie. She is terrified of it. Vaccum cleaner, fire alarms, sirens and everything else is ok. Guess it will take time for her. Everybody keeps asking if I saw too much of Food Network. Shayna just lives in the kitchen.

@akijay Welcome back! We missed you. Oh that is bad that Rithik misses them. Matter of days. Shayna is curious about other moms more than the kids! Believe me, tough days are ahead.

Today I took Shayna to the water games in the park. She loved it. But I was afraid of her catching cold. Till now nothing. Touchwood.