August 2012 mommies...

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by westsideindian, Dec 7, 2011.

1. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

@Vasu: Thanks a lot for the good wishes!

@HB: Hang in there...wish you and the baby great health. I just got back from my weekly appt too and the BPP scan shows everything is normal. (am almost 38 weeks). When do they usually start checking for dilation and effacement?

2. parimalapalani

parimalapalani Junior IL'ite

i had my 39 week appoinment yesterday... 1 cm dilated... but baby is very high..... i need to wait till my due date.... worried that whether i will deliver on due date

3. Jaynav

Jaynav Bronze IL'ite

Hi HB, Cj , Parimal ,

Guess we all are getting close to the due.

Parimal :Hi parimal, when is your due?...

HB : Dilation will start any time.You still have couple of days for the actual due.So don't worry

Cj : The pelvic examination for the effacement and the dilation usually is done at 37 + weeks.

My updates: I have an appointment on 9th.Will be checked for the dilation.

Mommies : the last few days before the due seems to be going pretty slow...Or atleast it seems so.
    And as I told you guys before, the august babies are lil slow abnd steady types I guess. Most of us are getting closer and will deliver only by the due date.Anyways , as told by my doctor, nature knows how to do its job.

So lets wait and watch.

All the best!

4. HuggleBuggle

HuggleBuggle Bronze IL'ite

They will check for dilation from 36th week or 37th week onwards.
    I was worried that I may deliver earlier than due date. But now worried whether I will ever deliver with out any medical interventions. Yes days are moving really slow. Now I understand how frustrated people are when they reach due date.

Divz & Suha Hope the little ones are doing good.

5. Jaynav

Jaynav Bronze IL'ite

Hey HB , I was eagerly opening your post...Yeah I realise as the due nears the time runs so slowly!!

Normally they say boy babies get delivered a little before the due.So I was expecting a good news from you.

anyways , take care , keep yourself cool. The little one will keep you in your toes once arrived, so take enough rest!

6. jj009

jj009 Junior IL'ite

I have 3 more weeks to go, but have a feeling that I will be overdue too. No cervix checked in the last week's appt but I feel no symptoms or signs. Everything seems just the same, just the baby making usual movements. I had my strep group test though and will get the results in next appt.

HB, I know how you must be feeling, I am feeling uncomfortable even now, can't imagine at 39 - 40 weeks.

Pari, don't worry everything will be fine.

cj, even I din't get my cervix checked at my 37 weeks appt, I hope they do it next time so that we can at least get some idea.

JN, how long to go for you?

Hoping all August mommies are doing well, and just hang in there. I am sure all the LOs won't take too long to make their much awaited appearance :)

Divz and Suha, how's it going? How are your little stars going?

7. Aruvii

Aruvii Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Happy to hear good news from many on de lil ones.
    I am due on Aug 19th, and eager to join dis group to sharevi de experience.
    All the best to all 2012 mommies :)

~Aruvii

8. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the info girls. Am 38 weeks as of today and have my next scan and OB appt next friday (which will bring me closer to 39 weeks!) and there seems to be no sign of a check for dilation...sigh. Guess I will ask during that appt.

My aunt is arriving in an hour and my DH is SO relieved to have someone at home during these last couple of weeks as he leaves me at home and goes to work! I haven't had any contractions or signs of labor...but feeling intense pressure around the pelvis several times a day, especially when I walk or even as I lie in bed. Wonder if these are signs of things to come!

Wishing good health to the rest you as we wait for good news from each other :)

9. crazysans

crazysans Bronze IL'ite

Hi August moms,

How are you doing? Am really looking forward to hear a good news from you HB! Hope things will move fast now :)

I guess the next one in list is jaynav and me, if i am not wrong.

By the way, has anybody faced a pulling sensation down there? I have been having a terrible pulling sensation and feel as if the baby is about to fall down, if I move a bit. Somehow this happens only in the evenings. It was really confusing yesterday, that I had to think whether its what is called labour pain, but its not a pain, just an intense pressure and pulling sensation. All I did is walk really really slow till I reach bed and lie down for while, then it got a little better. By morning everything is normal, not sure if its getting closer now or not?

Anybody else who has been having something like this? Does any body how a labour pain actually feels like? My first one is a c-section and really don't know how it feels like :(

Apart from that today is my last day at work. So I will be more active here and keep waiting to hear good news from you all.

10. Jaynav

Jaynav Bronze IL'ite

Hi Crazysans, Cj....

Yes after HB its me...And you people are right.The intense pressure builds up near the pelvis and I feel walking difficult.I realise it the most when I sleep to my right.I guess we are getting close to the labour as all these pressure and strain has to build up and grow so that the baby has to wriggle itself out and that the way nature has designed the process so dont worry girls!

Crazaysans, just wanted to know when was your first child born?...before or after due /...and how was your mindset few days before the delivery.You must have been undergoing anxiety right.

otherwise here things are as usual.Have an appointment this thursday .Yesterday I purchased a new salwar.Man....it has been really long since I did a full-fledged shopping!

Henceforth my lil one's items will in the priority while I go for shopping ;-)

Hi HB.....how are you doing?............Good luck dear.....waiting to hear the good news.