1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Any Thyroid patients here?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Sanika100, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Sanika100

Sanika100 New IL'ite

Hello All

Are there any thyroid patients here? Can we discuss symptoms, cure, medicines here? I am full time working mom for 2 young kids. I am suffering from thyroid after I got my first child. I get fatigue, hair fall, back pain and many more problems. I am regularly taking medicine, trying yoga, exercise but still have symptoms. Please help

Sanika

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to IL Health Forum, Sanika.

Are you suffering from hypo or hyper thyroid. Hypothryoid do have symptoms like hairfall, pain, etc. Is there any reduction in the symptoms? Did you compare the levels of the harmone before and the recent one after your exercises? Because regular yoga exercises do show good result. If you religiously follow the diet, do the exercises and adapt a healthy living, surely it will bring good change in the harmone levels.

Do check this thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/155897-health-issues-index-useful-motivational.html

3. ishutanu

ishutanu Senior IL'ite

Hello sanika and nimur,

I Was diagonised with PCOD 2yrs ago..I was on medication of metformin and Xenical medicine..I stooped taking medicine with in 3 months..After that i never took any medicine and lets it carelessly..

Recently I went to doctor and found out i also have thyroid..I know i have done a huge mistake by not taking medicines..I would like to again start afresh...

Could anyone suggest good doctor in chennai as i would be soon going for vacation and i want to do all the test again and start medication..I would be getting married soon..Plz advice..

Thanks in advance

4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi ishutanu,

Thyroid medicines to be taken regularly. Missing them will bring change in harmone levels which is not good. Do not worry. I don;t know any doctor from chennai to recommend to you. If you go through the link i have given in my earlier post, you will see the doctors suggested by the ILites with their experience which may be of help to you.

Best wishes for your marriage.

5. redbird1

redbird1 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I am a hypothyroid, I have been diagonised recently and taking 25mg of synthyroid.

For the past one week I stopped dinner and now taking samba rava kanji (broken wheat in porridge) with milk and salt.

And planning to go to gym.

Will my weight get reduced being a hypothyroid?? Any suggestions?

6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

redbird1, If you follow healthy lifestyle, good food habits and have medicines, religiously, you can reduce your weight though you are hypothyroid. Also check your sugar intake. If you avoid where sugar is not necessary, it will also show tremendous change supporting your goal.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sanika100

Sanika100 New IL'ite

Thanks Mimur9

I have hypo thyroid with hashimoto desease. I get tired quickly, feel sleepy many times, get frequent back pain, neck pain. I take 125 mcg synthroid/thyroxin every morning empty stumoch. I do yoga exercise 3-4 times a week. I don't have much weight problem. But I feel exhausted after exercise and still have to do cooking, cleaning, taking care of kids every day. Every morning I wake up with some pain sometimes back pain, sometimes shouler pain etc. I do blood test every 3 months and TSH level shows normal. What should I do to come back to normal healthy life? Please help.....

8. vidhu86

vidhu86 Junior IL'ite

Hi

It may be late to reply. But still I was looking for a correct place to ask my question. Hope here I will get my reply.

I too suffer from some symptoms like hair fall, increased weight etc. My neck is not looking normal. It is somewhat bulged. I have shown the same to my doctor and she said it is normal .But for my satisfaction, I took Thyroid function test. The test results are here below. Pls let me know is that normal or not. I am yet to take my report to my doctor.

T3 98 ng/dl
    T4 6.9 ug/dl
    TSH 2.13 uIu/ml

The reference range indicates me that everything is normal, but still my health issues disturb me and makes me to think whether I suffer from thyroid issues or not. My periods are sometimes normal with the help of yoga and Iron tablets and sometimes delayed. Pls help me.

9. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Sanika, hope you have recovered from all the symptoms you had mentioned.

vidhu86, the reference range given in the report is a general one but it may differ with individuals. Moreover the symptoms you had mentioned need to be applicable only for thyroid. It could be due to some deificiency also. See that you have a balanced diet and a healthy living.

Any doubts can be cleared further by a medical practioner. If your family physician says it is normal you can still go for a second opinion with another one.

10. vidhu86

vidhu86 Junior IL'ite

Thanks mimur9

I show the report to my doctor and let you know what she says.

1 person likes this.