1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A touching story Must read for All

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vjbunny, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I know I shouldn't be, but I am ROFL after reading the story. It's message is good enough:

Sometimes we spend time asking who is responsible or who to blame, whether in a relationship, in a job or with the people we know. We miss out some warmth in human relationship in giving each other support. After all, shouldn't forgiving someone we love be the easiest thing in the world to do? Treasure what you have. Don't multiply pain, anguish and suffering by holding on to forgiveness.

If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world.

Basically, no use crying over spilled milk, and when one finger points at someone, the other four are pointing at yourself and other similar adages. Just the example/story used to drive home the message is not a good one. Better examples would have been:

1. Kid drops glass and spills hot milk due to negligent parents, parents apply burnol on it and rush to hospital. Neither parent blames the other, all three in a warm hug as camera pans to milk in an unbreakable glass suitable for little hands.

2. MIL (the woman's) comes for a weekend visit, stays on for a week, wreaks havoc on the peace of the house, leaves finally, guy comes back from station after dropping her off. Enters the house, wife instead of scolding and blaming him for the extended stay, winks in a come hither manner and says 'shall we?' wasting no time in utilizing the much awaited solitude.

3. Husband and wife on honeymoon, unpacking suitcases, both realize they didn't pack something really important. Instead of blaming each other, they say to each other, "who needs ...., when we have each other".

In short, a story that teaches forgiveness rather blaming, should preferably not include a dead kiddo. That's all.

10 people like this.
  2. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Shan,
    I'm going to try to explain what steve said, a little better. The scenario that you gave, was specific to you, where your H was not in picture. So he wanted to make sure both you and your son are ok. Here the story suggests that the H procrastinated and the W was careless. So both of them are equally responsible for whatever happened. But the story seems to be one-sided where the H is trying to soothe the guilty wife, and he himself has not been portrayed guilty (with the wife being afraid of facing her H and he being a big man, who hugs her and consoles her). His guilt or his mistake has not been elucidated, whereas her guilt has been. The point I see here is that, both of them are to be blamed, but rather than fighting about who carries more guilt, they chose to console each other during their rough times. Somehow, this does not seem to be a fair example to prove the point. It just seems to be a case of procrastination vs carelessness.

PS: one of my friends' eye was lost even before he was 2 years, thanks to an open harpic bottle! This is a sensitive issue, and not a story to talk about a H-W blame game, IMO!

4 people like this.
  3. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Spot on, Rihanna!

3 people like this.
  4. sumathegreat

sumathegreat Silver IL'ite

no words to praise this couple..

5. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Everybody sees the story differently...............i saw it different...felt.." stop your romance u morons...because of your carelessness, a young helpless child...lost its life....and you two here are romancing...shame on you. buggers! he was your responsibility." ...Peace. God Bless. Am an angel, peace lovign one that too...so no body should pick me on this post :biggrin2:

this situation is defenetely not the right example to teach what ever morale it is supposedly doing.

is this story real?..cuz if it is...i willt ake my smiley buttons out of it and post soem more serios shuntings...rascals....i love you aa.

6 people like this.
  6. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Very touching story and I liked the way the husband reacted at this time of despair.
    Thanks for sharing.

7. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

rather it is difficult to practise in real situation. we must develop this kind of attitude which has to be practised. its easy but at that moment we does not know how we act.

lakshmi

8. priyagem

priyagem Bronze IL'ite

Wow, What a lovely couple they are. It is really a wonderful msg every one should know. Thanx for sharing this with us.

9. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

REALLY MATURE.......!!!!!

AH!!!!!!!

ALL THE INTELLECTUALS HAVE INTELLIGENTLY PICKED APART WHATEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN AND SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN.

IT IS LIKE YOU HAVE A GARAM GARAM ALOO KA PARANTHA WITH BUTTER MELTING ON IT AND WITH PICKLES AND CURD AND EVERYBODY IS SITTING AROUND IT ARGUING WHAT ITS SHAPE SHOULD HAVE BEEN........

HEAVEN..........!!!!!!

I'D MUCH RATHER BE A FOOL ON A FULL STOMACH THAN A HUNGRY INTELLECTUAL.

TAKE CARE
    CHOW.

VJBUNNY GOING GREAT.......!!!!!

Dowryman is rubbing his protuding belly now..........

5 people like this.
  10. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

I feel that whenever one blames the other person,say a husband blames the wife,the wife would definitely get angry and again talk back or shout ..But in such a case when the husband says ILU to the wife she herself would feel guilty.She might feel how bad she has been that she didnt take care of the kid and her husband still loving her so much..I dont know if this story is for real and with what intension the husband said(whether for genuine love or to avoid problems cos he knows he too didnt do his part),whatever it is ,well handled by the husband..A smart guy indeed..JMO......

1 person likes this.