Monthly expenses

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by aammi105, Jul 26, 2012.

1. aammi105

aammi105 New IL'ite

How much monthly income needed in india(not big city or small place , normal small town) to live comfortably for two people?. Again I am considering living with own home, single small car, daily coming servant to do cleaning home, washing etc.simple life with no kids. I am living outside india for many years, so no idea.Thanks

2. srims

srims Bronze IL'ite

It depends on which part of India you are in. it differs with different state.
    But as average it goes Rs.30000 to 20000.

3. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

just for 2 people having their own house? how about in a village?

4. manasiphil

manasiphil New IL'ite

We are two and we have a small flat and a small car, and a maid coming to our place. If you have to think along with insurances and slightly more comfortable life than what I am maintaining, you could be incurring around 30000 to 40000 pm with inflation at the rate of 10 percent on average. Actually I have mentioned higher inflation rate. Our monthly expenses are around 20000, without considering taxes, insurances, and higher standard of living.

5. psych

psych Gold IL'ite

are you guys working? our parents are retired. 30-40g is a lot in terms of usd.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

well cost of living has really escalated psch..

gas comes at 400+
    petrol at 75+/-
    and a kg of rice that was 32 3 months back is now at 38
    22 rs wheat is now at 26..
    just a sample to show where it is heading..

in tn eb rates have escalated almost to 100%..

4 people like this.
  7. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

It maybe between 15,000-20,000rs.. In a small town it maybe lesser...it India you can find out so many friend as we India's love our nabours ...

8. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Now a days in many small towns cost of living is high only. Prices of rice, spices and veggies are almost equal. Also real estate in small towns are high only as childeren work in IT n ITies or living abroad buy house and plots in their towns making prices to be on higher side only. In my home town (MDU) Real estate prices are higher than BLR.

1 person likes this.
  9. Nithya001

Nithya001 Bronze IL'ite

Well we moved from US to Bangalore about a year ago. We are just two and don't maintain a very fancy lifestyle. Believe it or not, for just the two of us monthly expenses go up to 20,000-30,000 INR. And this is when we are not spending too much on outings etc.
    India has become very very expensive. Even then the standard of living is not so great.
    We are contemplating to go back to US, since we feel that we didn't earn enough to be able to even 1 apartment in Bangalore.
    After a year here, I feel one should move back to India only if they have a family income of Rs. 15 lacs per annum. Anything less than that and you are only struggling to maintain a descent life, while facing problems in day to day things like water, electricity, roads, infrastructure, and not to forget corruption.

3 people like this.
  10. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Does this include house rent?