1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

facial hair

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by neha gill, Feb 12, 2008.

1. neha gill

neha gill New IL'ite

hi friends. i have facial hair and they make my complexion look dark sometimes i hate to bleach because my hair grow when i use bleach, i read about this pumice stone, i would like to know more about it. does it work permanently or the hair comes back. i have alot of scars due to pimples, i have consulted with many dermatologists but they give me benzel peroxide which does not work for me.lately i had no pimples but i used my face wash that i got from Macys its clinic ance foam face wash, and i got 4 pimples that too white heads. when i don't use any facewash now these days especially i don't get any pimples but soap or facewash is must for you face inorder to keep the infection away from your skin. please suggest me something. and yes can i use the pumice stone and how do you use it?
    thankz

2. priyadharshni

priyadharshni New IL'ite

Hi friend,

Please do not use the Pumice Stone in your face it is not advisable..:eek:mg:

:clap
    A pumice stone can be used to remove the dead skin from a callus or corn. Reducing the size of the callus or corn may result in less pressure or friction and less pain.
    • Soak your foot or other affected area in warm, soapy water for 5 minutes or until the skin softens.
    • Wet the pumice stone.
    • Rub the pumice stone on the wet callus or corn with light to medium pressure for 2 to 3 minutes. This will remove dead skin.
    Use the stone daily, and rinse the stone after each use.
    Be careful when using a pumice stone. If you take off too much skin and go too deep, it can result in bleeding and infection.
    If you have diabetes, peripheral arterial disease, peripheral neuropathy, or other conditions that cause circulatory problems or numbness, consult your health professional before trying any treatment for calluses or corns

3. srijaaa

srijaaa New IL'ite

hi i too have upper lip hair problem.recerntly it looks so thick and lenghty
    and i need homeremedy for the same.even when applied turmeric and lemonjuice+sugar mixure there is no use.can anybody help me pls.i feel more depressed bcas of this.i look fair but due tothis i am unable to face anybody.and in my house no body has this.help me pls.i dont like to do threading , waxing etc.
    since it will promote the growth of hair

4. priyadharshni

priyadharshni New IL'ite

Hi pals :bowdown

Even i was under going the same problem.. now i am getting gradually relevied from this probs..To remove the unwanted facial hair use kasturi turmeric which would not give the yellow colour but reduce the facial hair and improves the colour.. and you can also add kupameni leaves powder with the kasturi turmeric for better result..

Usage: Mix the kasturi turmeric with the water and apply on the affected area and :crazymassage gently after your face wash and leave it dry for 10mins and then wash off....

Do not use pumice stone on your face.. use pumice stone in other parts of your body like your legs, hands and underarmpits..:spin

Use a pumice stone on your legs everyday. This not only helps reduce hair growth over a period of time but also helps prevent in-growths caused by waxing. When using a pumice stone remember to scrub your skin with gentle motions, after applying soap and water. Scrubbing your skin too hard will cause bruising.

Using a pumice stone as a method for hair removal as opposed to using it for combating in-growths is most effective when used on areas that you do not wax or shave. So you scrub your stomach with a pumice stone gently everyday, and over a period of time the hair-growth will diminish.

5. priyadharshni

priyadharshni New IL'ite

Hi Neha,

Use face wash or soap which suits your skin, bcoz if differs from person to person..

Even i had this pimples problem.. i used lots and lots of home remedies, lotions & creams which gave me a temporary solution only ... Now iam using a pill named MICRODOX (Please consult your physician or dermatoligst before using - for a safer measure) which really gives me a complete satisfaction.. :spinEven it reduces the scars gradually..and side by side use good products to enrich your skin texture and colour...:thumbsup

if you wish you can use Green moong flour instead of soap or face wash to your face..:wave

6. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi ladies,
    i think everybody is facing the same problem.yes,kasturi manjal powder helps..but the result will be too time consuming,but permanent..iam having facial wax strips that helps me to have a smooth skin if waxing is done properly....but i heard that if we wax in face,the skin will be loosened after some years:spin..oh.no i was scared..but,till now i don't experience any loose skin for god's sake..anybody who is ready to take risk can go for wax.I think natural way helps.
    thanks

7. shehana

shehana New IL'ite

Hi Neha..

if you do the bleaching the right way it would not lok awkward..but its not advisable to do bleaching evrytime as in the long run its bad for skin..

You may plz try turmeric powder as many suggstd here.. as well aplying besan powder on a daily basis removes facial hair.. but you got to ve patience as it works effectively when its done for a long long time.. besan powder can be mixed with rose water or plain water n can apply it.. keep it for 15 minutes or till it dries whichever is earlier, rub it off n thn wash your face..

8. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

use homemmade scrub :

This is what i do for my facial hair prb:

1. Clean my face and upper lip with milk (just by dipping cotton balls in milk).
    2. Then apply kasturi manjal - leave it for 10 mins . Scrub the area with ur index finger around the problem area not harshly but lil pressure .
    3. Then wash ur face after 5 mins of massage .
    4. Apply baby oil or almond oil on ur face to soothen a bit .
    Do this everyday for atleast 2 - 3months to see very effective results . My hair problem reduced drastically still iam doing to prevent any in growth hair

to preventt in growth hair try scrub :

Oats + Orange skin +walnut shell (grind it into fine powder) and apply over the problem area this will also help in reducing the hair growth and try to take treatment if this is some hormonal imbalance

9. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

I did some research and came upon "hairwaxingsecrets"... i'll leave to you to try it...:thumbsup

10. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Neha,

Mostly bleaching is safe method for facial hair..for upperlips, eyebrows and chin- threading is best. I was wondering how bleaching can make hair grow..Sometimes, skin is sensitive in certain regions of face like chin/ undereyebrows and using a plucker leads to formation of pimples.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010