1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

'Tis all good!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knot2share, Jul 20, 2012.

1. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

That is it! Boney M! Yes, let's do that.
    You are a good gal. And stay that way too!

2. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Shree,

Reading your post after a long long time. I think its more than a year.. How are you doing??

Thanks to the eggplant to make you visit snippets:):)

My DH doesnot like brinjal so i never attempted to try (sounds like a good excuse !!! ) Now a days I am not at all entering kitchen except to taste the delicious food, as mom and dad came to take care of me. But I am planning to start cooking once in a while atleast so that baby will get adjusted to the other type of 'taste' (???!!!) too

By the way, I was silently wishing that your new attempt should go well as I was thinking of sharing your innovation to my husband. Good that it was not gooey Sri..:rotfl

3. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hey dear with the baby ticker!

Firstly congratulations to you! Very happy and like somebody said, a baby having a baby! I was away for just about a year and look what you have been upto :-D! Well, of course now is the time to enjoy and take it all in. All the pamper and attention - take it with a smile. But yeah, once in a while sounds like a plan. The little master inside does not deserve a shock! I did read your Womb Pie post and that is how I knew about this new and beautiful phase of your life. My wishes and prayers that it does go your way all the way - inky pinky ponky ky!! And well, what can I say. Phew! A narrow escape with the recipe...hehe! Good to see you dear.

1 person likes this.
  4. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Dear K2S,

I enjoyed reading it. Now a days I have become a bit lazy , have to pull tmyself to cook. Moreover when i browse the net, So many mouth watering recipes asking me to try them. Sometimes I wish that the recipe could just jump out from the screen and I could taste it!!! It has been weeks smitten by this laziness. Now i wonder how people try the recipes,post the ingredients, put up snaps (step by step). I bow down to all these untiring people who are maintaining their passion.

BTW, I have brinjals on my to do list tomorrow. :)

Parvathi.

5. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much sree. feeling good to read this first thing in the morning

The little master inside does not deserve a shock!

[​IMG][​IMG]there you proved that you are my good friend catching me correctly

1 person likes this.
  6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Oh tell me about it! I have always wondered how these people maintain food blogs. They are all sooo tasty and inviting. But exactly like you, I have wished for a magic wand on many instances. Well, my name is Lazy Queen! So nobody to beat me. With two kids around, you are allowed to be smitted by me (Lazy Queen)!! I am sure this phase will pass too. So, don't forget to let me know how your brinjals fared in your kitchen. I hope it is not this recipe !

Take care Parvathi! Love to the kids too!

7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

hello K2S.. long time..
    let me start by telling you I LOVE EGGPLANTS.. small round ones.. big ones.. even the long green ones.. the dish you tried to make sounds like bit like the maharashtrian (Bharli Vaangi) which I love.. so when you came to the chutney pudi part.. I was like tchh tchh.. hmmm what is she doing???? :notthatway:
    though I love all sorts of graphical colours and do loads of short cuts and experimentation in cooking..
    :yes::iagree
    somethings are best left as tradition... do I remind you of someone... MIL???
    enjoyed hope to see more of you here..
    Kerman

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Jayashree dear I am late here. Enjoyed reading your Gutti Venkaya. I also make the small round ones of brinjal with sambhar powder. In tamil they say Ennai Kathrikai. In my office also my friends used to like it very much . My husbands likes it very much. I am also fond of trying out recipies. Earlier I used to collect so many recipies but now since computer is there I can google and get the recipies.

I am just opposite. I love cooking but dont like cleaning and washing vessels. Morning everyday I make chapathies. For that I dont make different vegetable but have the same which I make for lunch. My cooking is over in the morning only. So when I give breakfast in the morning to my dh I just wait for his comments. In that way I am lucky that if it is very good he appreciates. If any mistake is there he will point out. Since only we two are there and the vegetable will be only for two I sometimes put less salt. Then if it is needed add it.

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear glad to know you appreciate what your wife cooks. She must be feeling very happy. You have given a nice message to the men

10. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

let me start by telling you I LOVE EGGPLANTS.. small round ones.. big ones.. even the long green ones.. the dish you tried to make sounds like bit like the maharashtrian (Bharli Vaangi) which I love.. so when you came to the chutney pudi part.. I was like tchh tchh.. hmmm what is she doing???? :notthatway:

hehe! Yes you do sound like my MIL!! And can't but agree with you (my MIL) that somethings are best not fiddled with. But I am happy to meet somebody who loves egg plant too. I love it in any shape or form but not my hubby. My hardwork to impress him continues!

Good to see you, Kerman!