1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to New Jersey - Discussion Lounge

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by AnjuMahendran, Apr 6, 2007.

1. sangea

sangea Silver IL'ite

Thanks all, will check on chefro plus too..
    @write me: we checked Highlands at souhtplainfield, seems gud but expensinve..
    any idea about other apartments. As of now we tot of Durham woods as its nearer to his office and Oxford Arms.

Please suggest some apartments.

2. sangea

sangea Silver IL'ite

Hi indu nd Sudha... Thx for the support. We moved into highlands last week. so far so good. Bought preethi mixer from chennai itself .

3. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Hi Sangea,

Welcome to NJ and have a pleasant stay here.

Regards,
    Indu

4. veenaarun

veenaarun New IL'ite

Re: Moving To New Jersy

Hi Usha,

I am shifting to New Jersey next month and this is my first trip abroad, would like to know the rent details and about the things that I need to carry from India. please provide me with any other information that will be helpful in shifting.

Thanks
    Veena

1 person likes this.
  5. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Re: Moving To New Jersy

Hi Veena,

Welcome to NJ/USA. You can consider to stay at Jersey City, if work location is NYC/Jersey City (not sure for other places)
    In jersey city, rental depends on area...like in downtown JC (Newport,Grove Street,Exchange Place)rent is approx 1600-2200 $ for 1 BHK and I guess in Journal Square rent starts from 1000 $ for 1 BHK and in JC Heights it starts from 800 depends on location . In Jersey city, you'll get lot of Indians :) :)

I am staying in Grove St (across the Grove St path station ) and Paying 1700$. If you are not working or not in hurry to reach home to take care of ur baby you can consider other areas too (I work in NYC and have 1.5 yr old baby , who goes to daycare in Grove st)

Regards,
    Priyanka

6. rainandsnow

rainandsnow New IL'ite

hi i just moved to nj. i am attending college in new Brunswick, transferring from another college. i need a place for this fall semester and spring semester. anybody know of any places?

7. nidhidambe

nidhidambe New IL'ite

Hi all,

I ll be moving to NJ during last week of February 2014.
    I am confused with what part of NJ I should move in.
    I have 4 yr old kid. Keeping Pre-k n public school in priority which neighborhood is good where me n as well as my son get freinds.
    Please suggest some good apartment communities too..
    Thank u...:)

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

north edison,brunswick,plainsboro,monroe are some of the best places.However nj by itself is a good place for Indians to live.be careful of piscataway...place is good but schools r not good

9. IndhumathyArun

IndhumathyArun New IL'ite

Hi all,
    We are moving to NJ and we have a kid. Is Hackensack is the gud place to live. how about the schools here. we r planning to move to carriagehouse apt, is dat is gud. pls suggest abt Maywood also.

Thanks.

10. reena007

reena007 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies

I am moving to NJ from Bay area. My workplace is in Union NJ i.e. Springfield NJ. Could you suggest what locations are best in terms of Indian food, grocery etc. Initally it would be nice for the first 3 mths if I find a female roommate but it looks most of them are near Iselin and Edison. I have been wondering if there is a safe area around Union NJ as I am not used to driving in the snow :( and also the commute is not too far for me.
    Pl ladies, pl pl help me and give me your opinions....ie. if I shud consider living in Iselin. My expectation is of a reasonably decent apartment.....Please please help....