New Problem in TTC - "TB" - Need Support

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by durgees, Mar 31, 2010.

1. babyhopes81

babyhopes81 Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks.

There is a specific test name TB PCR which processes culture (blood) collected either by hystroscopy or by scrapping off from endometrial lining.

Regards

2. durgees

durgees Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

What is your doctor's advice after the diagnosis? I have sent you a PM of my email id as well.

Thanks.

3. babyhopes81

Hi,

Thnks. But guess being a new member I am unable to access the message.

My doctor suggested to start TB medications and I took the same for a little over 2 months and she repeated the test. This time it was negative. So she stopped the medication and I underwent IVF the very next month. but it wasnt successful and she wasnt able to give any reasons . Actually the embryo quality was good and it was a 5 day blastocyst transfer. but she said the implantation of the embryo is dependent on many factors within the uterus and cannot be controlled or analysed. We had transferred 2 embryos and were left with one for freezing. We did a frozen embryo transfer after 2 months and even that failed.

I have taken a complete break from medications and doctor visits as it was getting to be a huge strain both emotionally and financially. And subsequently when I showed our horoscopes more than one astrologer told us we dont need medical intervention and would conceive naturally after May 17, 2012. But unfortunately it hasnt happened until now.

So now I am not sure whether I start medication and treatment again or wait patiently. Its a real difficult situation.

4. babyhopes81

By the way I was also planning to visit Kukke subramanya temple some time soon. We had been advised to go to Kalahasti and perform some rituals which we completed earlier this year. But I keep getting tensed about this situation as even IVF has failed for me for the one time we tried.

After reading your post I feel like taking a second opinion on my case and check if whether my tubes are actually scarred due to the infection. And whether IVF is the only resort for me. My doctor is very good but now reading everyone's experiences in their fertility struggle I feel taking a second opinion doesnt hurt specially when there are such huge sums involved. And more than that being such an emotion drainer.

I am trying to access the PM and will try and connect with you soon. Your story gives me so much hope. May God bless you and your family always!

Regards

5. durgees

durgees Bronze IL'ite

I can understand your situation... Feel positive and never lose hope..

But to my knowledge, TB medicine course is for 9 months, minimum being 6 or 7 months. One of my friend also took medicines for 7 months..

I feel that you can have a second opinion from a different doctor, just for your mental satisfaction.

Else leave it to God.. When the astrologers have given u hope, It will surely happen if u believe. I know a couple who lost all interest in medications and treatments and gave up in their 8 yrs of married life.. She became pregnant next month naturally. and she delivered normally. So things will happen when it has to happen. All these treatments are only for our own satisfaction I believe.

Wish you success sooner...

6. babyhopes81

Yes thats true.. That was one of my concerns too abt the medication duration. but she seemed confident and I went with it. Now its been 6 months since I stopped the medication and I had a negative report. So I am really not sure what is shud do.

I cant make up my mind on a doctor for a second opinion. I will access my PM and send u a detailed mail.

Thanks a lot for your help and kind words.

Regards

7. divyashetty18

divyashetty18 Senior IL'ite

Hi Babyhopes,

Even I am diagnosed with uterus TB. I have to take medicines for 6 months but doctor said I can start TTC after 2 months. I am yet to start the medicines. How did you feel when you were taking the medicines. Did you have any vomiting sensation. Is it OK to take TB medicines after pregnancy

divya

8. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

babyhopes81
    one of my friends had uterine TB and she was asked to take tabs for 6months and then TTC, my mom had kept an article from the sunday TOI abt 3-4 months back abt uterine TB and it also mentioned medication of 6 months , so pls re check , why stake an IVF when plain waiting with proper medication can do the work

9. durgees

durgees Bronze IL'ite

Hi Divya,

There are mixed opinions that I got, on continuing a pregnancy with an active uterine TB.

In general, any medicine taken during pregnancy (except those which are required during pregnancy) has its effect on the baby in the womb. Since the TB medicines also has such effects, usually Doctor's do not advice to get pregnant while taking these medicines. (If you are already pregnant, and want to take the tablets that is a different case as mine, and occurs for one in a lakh women) Since you are trying to get pregnant, it is always better to finish your medicine course and then get pregnant, to have a peaceful pregnancy journey.

But do get an opinion from another doctor about trying for pregnancy now.

And are you prescribed AKT series of medicines? If so, there are no vomiting sensation or anything. There could be coloured urine, as one of those medicine has such an effect. Again, it is nothing to worry about.

Hope my reply helped.

10. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Can anyone help me in this matter? Anyone who is on ttc and have external hammerroids before she is pregnant,how to tackle this piles? Does it get worse as pregnancy goes on? Are there any home remedies or ayurvedic medicine to shrink those external piles? Any suggestion will be helpful...