1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Community Apartments in Sunnyvale/Santa Clara

Discussion in 'Housing in Bay Area' started by Priyagusa, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Priyagusa

Priyagusa New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

This is a wonderful forum with lots of helpful information. Hope you guys can help me too. I am looking for a good apartment (1 bedroom with washer and dryer) in Sunnyvale or Santa Clara with lots of Indian Community and good safety for kids. I have already seen a similar post but couldnt find an apartment with lots of indian community which is a must for me. Appreciate your input.

1 person likes this.

2. Bhavna3

Bhavna3 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Why don't you check the sites apartment.com or rent.com. Here they will list out all the apartments in Sunnyvale and Santa Clara. You can get the ratings of the apartments at apartmentratings.com. This way you will know whether the apartment location is safe for your kids.I would recommend you to take an apartment in Sunnyvale rather than Santa Clara as Sunnyvale has a larger Indian Community.

3. prihmks

prihmks New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

I just replied to another thread of you regarding W/D. Don't worry come and join in my apt, I will give you company. My apt is pretty luxury and safe. I can refer you if you want.

I am also searching for nice Indians.

4. smiley6

smiley6 New IL'ite

Hi,

My name is Sunita. I am from Hyderabad. Currently living in Sacramento with my husband. We are planning to move to San Jose in a couple of months. Could anyone please suggest good 1 bedroom apartments in Sunnyvale/SantaClara area with affordable rent, washer/dryer in unit, gym/pool. Would prefer apartments with Indians.

Thanks,
    Sunita

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

1. Fair Oaks West Apartments, 655 South Fair Oaks Avenue, Sunnyvale
    2. Willowbend Apts, 1035 Aster Avenue, Sunnyvale
    3. Avalon Silicon Valley, 1257 Lakeside Drive, Sunnyvale

There are so many more. I think it would be much harder to find a housing complex that doesn't have too many Indians in Sunnyvale/Santa Clara!

6. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

How much is the rent for these 1 bed room apts?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The rent varies from $1400 to $1600 for a 1 bedroom apartment depending on the complex and the amenities they offer. Of the 3 that I mentioned I think Avalon is the most expensive. If you call the complexes directly you might be able to get a deal on an apartment. The best place to look for any on-going deals and for apartments in general is craigslist. Look under 'Housing' here.

8. sprasanna

sprasanna Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone,

We are also looking for apartments in Sunnyvale. Has anyone ever stayed or has any idea about the 2 bedroom apartments in these apartment communities : Markham Apartments, Arbor Terrace,The Highlander,Marina Cove, Lawrence Road apartments, The Park Kiely,Riverdeck Apartments , Hidden Lake apartments ?

We looked them up from rent.com and apartment.com. If anyone has any info about the facilities/amenities at these places, I would love to know that. It would be really helpful in our search. Or if anyone knows of a good apartment community in sunnyvale that would also be great. We are looking for a 2 BR, with W/D in unit if possible and fitness centre in the complex ( :hide: the last is for me , I am quite crazy about not putting on any more weight than I currently have :rotfl) .

9. sangea

sangea Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I am new to sunnyvale and looking for apartment near palo alto. Please suggest some apartments.

10. Sweta09

Sweta09 New IL'ite

Hi all..

Anybody staying in Olive west Apartments??
    Can u pls let me know the approx Utility charges.