1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it easy to nurture a baby alone post C-section delivery?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Cutiesri, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I m a mom of 2weeks old baby.i had C-section and I want to know whether I can manage all alone with household works and with baby in Singapore.i don't like to keep maid so can you suggest in what way I can manage?thanks in advance.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Umagaru, congrats on your delivery. Are you able to walk and are off your pain medication now? If yes, I think it's fine. It took me about 6 weeks to be back to myself. By then baby was also sleeping better at nights. So I guess keeping in mind that you can't lift heavy weights, take a decision. You need to eat healthy diet too. Think if you will be able to manage cooking, sleeping and baby. It's difficult but doable.

4 people like this.
  3. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Thanks rakhii for your reply..I m fine now.but worrying if I can manage alone there.can I sit down for bathing my baby?is any other way to manage without keeping maid?

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Uma...
    Yes its possible.. My sister too had C-section delivery and she managed all without maid nor anyones help... dont worry dear...

1 person likes this.
  5. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Congrats Uma ! Of course, it is possible and enjoyable too. I too had a C-section & had no family members to help.
    My husband took 2 weeks off from work, so he handled the bathing [ as I was scared to hold] while I poured the water. We hired someone just to sweep/mop that's all - but they didn't do neatly, so we stopped her & we started doing ourselves. The key word here is 'WE' -- if your husband can support, then your work-load will be much reduced. We used to share & alternate the sweeping/mopping & weekends he used to wash the clothes while I helped drying/folding them. Like this you can work out some routine & do them, no problem.

Initially it will be tough as you won't have enough sleep and baby is also adjusting to new schedule etc. but will slowly become easy. Some days were terrible when baby fell sick & whole day was crying & not leaving my arms --I too was in tears as I didn't know how to make the baby feel better & was feeling guilty for not being able to do anything that day -- we had dinner at midnight that day !!!!!

Feed, play and when the baby is resting , you also have a restful nap. Then when baby is playing you can keep him/her beside you in kitchen , play music & do cooking etc.Take good rest when you get the chance & eat more fruits and salads - they will give you lot of energy. That is the most important thing now -- these golden years will not come back but other work can always do later. When baby is not well or cranky or you are also having a tough day, just on some music -- any soothing classical stuff , will make a huge difference and you will feel more positive that you can do it .

Just don't bother too much about other household chores/stuff, -- doesn't matter if you don't clean anything for a couple of days, just enjoy your time with the baby. Nothing else matters at all.
    I'm sure you and your husband can manage beautifully, don't worry.

5 people like this.
  6. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much vjbunny and grace for your reply..you made me relaxed!

7. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Are you working? If yes, then you definitely need a maid.
    I am in Singapore and I had a C-section as well. My recovery was fast and i did not find it difficult to bathe the baby etc. For bathing, you can buy a small bathtub (mothercare has nice ones)fill with water and put on a chair.
    Now pull another chair, you sit on it and bathe the baby. So no need to sit down, squat etc.

Once my maternity leave was over, I've hired a full time maid now, even though i am working from home. Its much easier and i am able to work with peace of mind.

8. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Thanks chandrika..may I know the cost of bathtub in mothercare?

9. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

The one i bought cost S$70. They also have a foam backrest on which you can make the baby lie. Its soft, as well as ensures baby doesnt slip into the water.

I couldnt find the bathtub i bought online, but here's the link to the foam support:
    Mothercare Singapore

2 people like this.
  10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Uma, like chandrika said, infant bath tub is your answer. I still use one. The infant one can fit even beside a sink. It comes with a drain, so you don't have to lift it even to pour the water away. I used to bathe LO into until she fit in it; about 5 months. Then we transitioned into another bigger tub for babies which fits in most standard showers and bath tubs. Both of the tubs were from Winnie the pooh. If you have babies r us in Singapore, you will find it there.

1 person likes this.