how to get rid of past life karma??

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by mailme7780, Jun 19, 2012.

1. mailme7780

mailme7780 New IL'ite

Friends,

I have a question here. I am going through a bad phase of life and as I am Indian, I have a feeling that it's all due to past life karma. Obviously, I do not know what I have done in my past life. But for sure, I must have done something bad. Which is why, I am having some tough times now. So, my request is, is there any mantra, prayer or service(some charity work/volunteering) that will get rid of my past life karma?

Please pour in your thoughts. Thanks in advance for your help..

2. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Dear

I am sorry for what ever you are going through. There is something called past life regression therapy, which would help you clean all your sins and also the memories with regards to your previous birth's pain. See if you can fetch any help that way. Also dont loose belief in yourself and God. You can surely come out of all the problems if you have trust in Him. I pray for you ... Let me know what kind of bad things you are facing if you feeling like letting out ... I lost my mother and my family got split in 2007 and I too had a lost feeling like you do now... But time heals... Wish you more happiness and blessings ...

Hasini

1 person likes this.
  3. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

yeah past life therapy helps. though its pretty costly and u have to go through many sessions.. yet.. it really helps. It did help me to over my anger and negative feelings.. the hatred etc.. and feeel fresh now.. yet the doc said i sud come for another 4 - 5 sittings..

4. mailme7780

mailme7780 New IL'ite

Dear HasiniS,

Thanks for your valuable response.

I am really sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you. Yes, time only can heal the pain. Lets see if I can come out of that in near future. I have heard of regreesion therapy. But not sure, if I an going to try this as I do not believe a lot in that as of now and I guess I do not have that much time to take many sessions. All I can do is believe in god.

5. mailme7780

mailme7780 New IL'ite

Dear sapthu02,

Thank you.

I am glad regression therapy really worked for you. Hope you are leading happy life now.

6. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

How much past life therapy costs in India??

7. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I'm posting here an explanation of Karma, as given by a spiritual guru. Hope this helps you and brings you serenity and happy times ahead.

" Some karma can be changed and some cannot.

When you prepare sooji halwa or carrot halwa, if sugar is less or ghee is less, water more or less, it can all be adjusted, repaired. But once sooji or carrot is cooked, it cannot be reversed.
    If the buttermilk is sour, milk can be added, salt can be added to make it drinkable. But it can never be reversed back to milk.

Prarabdha karma means 'begun'; the action that is already manifesting and that is yielding its effect right now.It is the latent karma which is karma as a seed of action.You cannot avoid it or change it, as it is already happening. It cannot be changed. Animals have only prarabdha nature in them they have no control over them.We cannot change our birth, our religion or our family. We have to undergo & experience the Prarabdha karma.

Sanchita is karma as an action, the gathered up or piled up karma. It is latent or manifested in the form of a tendency or impression in the mind. But Sanchita karma can be burned off by spiritual practices before it manifests. It can be changed by devotion & spiritual practices, meditation. Satsang burns the seed of all negative karma.

Getting rid of karma means getting rid of impressions. As human beings we have the ability to erase fear through meditation. If you meditate, become hollow and empty, whatever the fear is will just dissolve and disappear.

Our perception of suffering, of good and bad, is always relative. God is absolute reality; witness of all. Each one is playing his role. Live with the karma and not be attached to it. Awareness, alertness, knowledge and meditation will help erase past impressions.
    It has the strength to dissolve and destroy any karma and bring freedom to you. "

---- ' An Intimate Note to the Sincere Seeker' Vol.1 ,by Sri Sri Ravishankar.

Many people feel a tremendous improvement in their situations & are much calmer, happier and at peace with themselves once they start the practices. But they do not continue this path once their troubled days are over and so the negative events start occuring again.

You know, like we pluck fruits from a tree. If we keep on plucking the fruits only , without watering or caring for the tree, tending to it's branches etc. the tree will not survive to keep on providing us the fruit. So we have to come back to the spiritual path & stay on it continuously.
    God Bless You.

dc24, StrongLady, ddbhavani and 6 others like this.
  8. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

I don't know how to get rid of past life karma, and I don't know if there are prayers that will ensure elimination of past life karma.

if you have taken birth here, you have to live and experience everything, that you have earned - be it joys or sorrows.
    But what IS in our hands is pray to god, surrender to His will and believe that this too will pass. This will give you courage and humility to face anything that comes your way.

I am saying what I heard in one of the spiritual discourses I had been to. Fortunately, i had gone to the discourse during one of my bad times. I took it seriously, started practising it and discovered peace.

another suggestion: Meditation - gives you those few moments of calm and self-realisation that seems so far away to you now.

Goodluck

3 people like this.
  9. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Dear

As many have stated here I too am doing meditation. I am a strong believer of Shiradi Sai Baba. And I have been holding to him since I was a teenager. And my belief on him went even more deeper after my life shattered. Now I see life as a lovely beautiful colorful and scented garden. Meditation has just helped me ease out and relax. I wish and pray you too find that happiness and peace very soon ... For anything any time come here and we all will just give you a warm hug for you to feel better :)

God Bless !!
    Hasini

6 people like this.
  10. mailme7780

mailme7780 New IL'ite

Thank you all for your support & suggestions. I will start doing meditation from now on.. Hoping to see happy & newer days ahead :)