1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 18, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

It is possible to fail in many ways, while to succeed is possible only in one way. What we are today is the result of our own past actions. Whatever we wish to be in future depends on our present actions. We have to decide how we have to act now. We are responsbile for what we are, whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves

For everything I have missed in life, I have gained something and everything I have gained I have lost something. Though I have grown by age my inner self is still like a child. It gets disappointed if something does not work out. It always waits for appreciation and wants to expeience something new everyday.

My inner self wants people around me. I used to enjoy when I was working because I had friends and I could share with them everything whether my happiness or sadness. Once whatever in my heart comes out then I am very happy. Thats why I always share my experiences in IL and when I get response from others feel very happy and when I dont get much response feel sad. I think I should stop writing everyday and write once in a week. But till now it has never become possible.

“The more a person analyzes his inner self, the more insignificant he seems to himself. This is the first lesson of wisdom. Let us be humble, and we will become wise. Let us know our weakness, and it will give us power.”
    William Ellery Channing quotes (American moralist, Unitarian Clergyman and Author,

2 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rightly said Viji dear
    What we do today, tomorrow we will get only that fruit......
    loved the wordings of William Ellery. You alway find an apt quote for your writing Viji...

1 person likes this.
  3. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

hi,
    well said!

You enjoy your writing and keep on writing ...
    we all are here to read and appreciate!
    Rgds

1 person likes this.
  4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

I loved the quote viji because it is SO SO true..we are always talking and thinking " I " and "me" but instead it is better to sit quitely and reflect or analyse about " I " and " me"..it maybe good for us...and others surely, LOL

1 person likes this.
  5. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Your write-up is pearls of wisdom!

Got reminded of the Tamil song, sung by T. M. Soundararajan (TMS) and lyrics by Kannadasan for a movie of MGR ( forgot the name of movie :) )

"Unnai Arinthaal, Nee Unnai Arinthaal
    Ulagathil Poraadalaam..
    Uyarnthaalum Thaazhnthaalum
    Thalai Vanangaamal Nee Vaazhalaam"

Knowing oneself...I would believe is a major purpose of one's life and being born for on earth :)

Enjoyed you post!

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

Aruna dear glad to se eyou here and thanks for the first fb. Glad you liked the quote , thanks foryour appreciation.

7. iyerviji

Soumedh dear thanks fo ryour compliments. Ya I enjoy reading the fbs but get disappointed when I dont get much response.

8. iyerviji

Mindi dear glad you liked the quote. thanks for your visit

9. iyerviji

[Aspire dear thanks for your compliments and also thanks for the lovely song. Glad you enjoyed the post