1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Tips To Help Forgetful Nature

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by sunkan, Dec 26, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Have you been ticked off by friends for not wishing them on their birthdays or anniversaries? Have you angered relatives for not calling them when they were sick or were shifting and needed help? Did you forget to send flowers to the boss on his anniversary? Then you must be a dreamy scatter-brain who has your head in the clouds and always gets into trouble for being forgetful. Here are practical tips to help you out.

1.Finish the job immediately.
    There is no better way to deal with forgetfulness than to finish off the work as soon as you think about it. The chances of forgetting arise only when you leave the chore pending.
    Let me assure you that it's worth excusing yourself from your friend's company to switch the gas off in time than to have burnt rice or a burst pressure cooker! The same goes for small jobs like mending clothes, hanging clothes for drying or even nagging your hubby. Even if your favourite TV show is going on, make it a point to do your task during long commercial breaks. After all, what are these breaks meant for?

2. Make a list.
    Get into the habit of making lists to avoid forgetting things. It works like magic. Keep lists everywhere - in the kitchen, in the bedroom and even near the telephone.A list can be made not only for shopping but also for jobs that you keep forgetting.

3. Keep a diary.
    Always keep a diary to note down appointments, birthdays or anniversaries, if you are fond of sending cards. Also add it to your list one week ahead. That will give you enough time to buy a card and post it too.

4. Planner.
    Maintain a planner. Stick it behind the front door where you go a hundred times a day. Try using different colours for writing different events. That will catch your attention better.

5. Use the alarm more often.
    Alarms are generally used when one has to get up early in the morning. But try it as a reminder and wow! It works efficiently.

6. Chits also help.
    Try this simple trick. Make chits of all your pending jobs and stick them on your fridge with the help of magnetic stickers. You can buy a reminder board too.

7. Hubby's reminder.
    What happens when you are very systematic and well-organised but your husband is the type who keeps forgetting? Things that are very important to you are "absurd" for him!
    Paste the yellow sticking-type chits inside his briefcase. So,whenever he opens the briefcase, the chit will catch his eyes and attention. This will keep him reminded many times throughout the day and he dare not make an excuse of forgetting any tasks.

8. Remind your kids too.
    Children are naturally careless. They need to be reminded about everything. Although you nag your children reminding them of certain pending tasks the whole day, you find that they seem to be enjoying every bit of your irritation! If it concerns school, like fee payment, buying of books or even asking a teacher about something, make a slip and keep it in the child's pencil box to remind him of his tasks.

9. Last advice.
    Even if nothing works, don't get disheartened. Here is something unusual It's a little silly but really works. Keep something upside down or do something odd like keeping a chair on the dining table or an empty bucket on the briefcase!
    Finally, even after all these suggestions if you are plagued by forgetfulness, just don't bother. After all, we are all human and to err is human!

2. abednego

abednego New IL'ite

Hi and thanks for sharing the words of wisdom here. Well the day is not far I guess when people are going to encounter supplements to tackle forgetfulness if its not there already. Amazing isnt it, we have so many things nowadays that can help us remind of a particular event yet the nature of forgetfulness has increased. Maybe man has been involved in too many things at a time which has made his nature likewise.

3. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Sunkan,

Good tips on how to be more organized. Thanks for posting. I hope to follow atleast some of them.

4. kuttimayil

kuttimayil New IL'ite

hi ILs

I would like to share a remedy for poor memory for elders and children. i hv been giving "Bajaj Brahmivita" mixed in milk to my kids. I found it amazing. It makes them very active and having a very good memory power. I think u all know "brahmi" means 'vallarai" which is very famous for memory power in herbal medicines.

if possible u can try this out for your kids. just add half a spoon in a glass of warm milk and mix it. it will mix without lumps. slowly add more quantity. as u all know vallarai keerai has a little bitter taste.

uma bala.

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear adebnego,
    it is the tricks of harmones that shake the very base of a man and he has but no go but to go through problems thrown in at him at any age...and yes nowadays the fast living and high depression is also another cause for the rise in problems..sunkan

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear madhu,
    i am amazed at your avatar yaar, wonder how u collect them according to the season...sunkan

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear uma,
    in sathya's house daily morning we get to drink one glass of vallarai, vilvam, arugham pul,and some vazhathandu if they have, so i know what u mention it comes in tabs too easy to take, i forget to take that tooo hahahah sunkan

8. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

hi sunkan,can you imagine how wonderful a sunday can become if you forget all the chores you collected over a week ,let us not think about monday following. Not a very good excuse ,is it?your tips are good i hope i learn something.humera.

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

make this dream a reality, post on the board where all notice sunday no work from you but from others and if they do not like it you also dont like the week..sunkan

10. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Dear sunkan ma'm

Thank you for posting very good information. I always like the way

of explaining and writing by you. I read your threads very carefully

and follow some of them and never miss it.The tips r very good for the entire

family to follow but sometimes forget things due to tension, stress &

fast life now a days........

Need more information about how to increase mental ability
    in children.

Regards