1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Dishwasher- How often do you use it?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Anvitaa, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

IFB service is too bad in chennai these days..and i am told that the hard water filter that is supplied by the leading brands for washing machines is of no use as the water hardness is on the raise through the city..i had a talk with a service engineer just two days back..

2. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Then I guess others might want to check this also before buying.

I lived in an apartment complex in Chennai and the complex had some water treatment facility before it was sent to our apartments. So I guess, we did not have any trouble. Not exactly sure whether they treated it for hardness or if they did purified it. Sorry cant be of much help.

I caught hold of one guy and always called him directly for service and detergent supply. Since they get commision for this, he was happy to have a loyal customer like me. Ya...calling IFB is a bit of a hassle. They have too many customers and dont seem to care anymore.

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes eindian, it is fine if your apartment gets good water otherwise, it will be double-work is my opinion..

4. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

i use my DW every night...if I miss for a day then i put 2 loads the next day...
    It's okay to use it twice a day
    I cannot imagine even a day without my DW
    I wash only non stick,plastic boxes and my pressure cooker...rest goes into the DW

5. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

I run mine once at nights
    but i just got used to the habit of it, i wonder sometimes, if i really need this
    for our Indian cooking, like boling milk in vessels, making sambhar, rasam and anything greasy
    i feel we have to pre wash with soap and then put it there, otherwise it is still sticky and not that clean
    the only reason i use it is, i scrub mine with soap, wash it lightly and put it in there.
    That way i avoid manually cleaning with water more vigourously.

i defintely don't use it for pressure cookers, rice cookers and tawa.

also sometimes it dries up the dishes and other times water will be still there.
    somedays it will be sparkly clean,and at other times i would see white spots here and there..
    not sure if the machine is old or powder is not good
    i try to use cascade powder

6. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

I use dishwasher once in a week or once in ten days.Most of the times I wash it manually.Very rarely I use it continuously for four or five days if I feel too lazy or sick:)

Befor placing the vessels , I rinse them using a long handled brush in order to remove any food particles in it .However the milk boiled vessels and tea vessels are not at all cleaned and it is better to wash them with our hands.Again I don't prefer boiling milk in microwave due to health consciousness:)

Some people cannot be changed and I think I am one such kind:hide:

rosylife, luv2smile and vidukarth like this.
  7. marrgg

marrgg Bronze IL'ite

Orion & Others

Need your expert advise. I have detergent allergy so have to depend on Maid for cleaning vessels. She is very rough in handling so all my cookers are without handles and all my non stick vessels are spoilt, i need to stand beside to keep instructing though she is 1 and half years old in my house. Very badly in need of DW, when i enquired one of my relative who is into Modular Kitchen Business says that DW may not be suitable for Indian dishes.

Friends please suggest, because of my maid i end up going late to office. Also please advise what provision is required for placing DW

Regards

Rani

2 people like this.
  8. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

Hi Hemalatha, I have also switched to boiling milk in the stove . I hate to use MW these days ! But I scrub the vessel with SS scrubber and wash it and then put it in the DW...

ah I hate washing the dishes. I wish i was in india or any other place where i could have been able to afford a maid :(

1 person likes this.
  9. sangea

sangea Silver IL'ite

I use once in a day. I pre wash the vessels. But I have a clarification, can we put non stick and porcelains. so far I am using dishwasher for all type of vessel except mixie jars :).
    Just wanted to know for long run.

10. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

While using dishwasher, I keep everything in it.Nonstick pans, pressure cookers, porcelain bowls and cups literally everything .

Though this might be a old news, When food is cooked in microwave oven , the microwaves disintegrates the DNA in the food and our body finds difficult to identify it .So the health benefits in the microwave cooked food is not absorbed by the body and everything consumed comes out without any use.