1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. rrahulakrishna

rrahulakrishna Silver IL'ite

hi lifeisajournry
    i've tried ur ideas.it worked really good.
    esp. the dryer wow crayons gone away.
    thank u pa
    still there is some pen marks.but it needs very hard press.so im ging to do another day.(oh my poor hand)

DEEPA

2. rrahulakrishna

rrahulakrishna Silver IL'ite

thank u pa.
    For one or two its okay.but my great artists did on the whole house.how much paste?
    Deepa

2 people like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi ladies
    Welcome, kadalpura, lifeisajourney, Deepa, mrs.
    Kadalpura: As others mentioned you are doing great. Don't fret about home now. Enjoy your baby and pretty soon she will settle down into a routine that will allow you more time.
    If i may ...play with her physically ..sitting on a chair you can set her on your ankles supporting her back with your feet. and holding her hand your can raise your legs up and down. She will enjoy it an dyou will get a good workout.
    Get down to the floor and play "peekaboo' with her..a good exercise for both...

Deepa..after cleaning the crayon marks, will it be possible to stick newspapers to the walls up to the height your child can reach? that way the walls get saved, and your artist can still have a free hand. If you live in an apartment please be careful ..some apartments can charge you a hefty sum. Slowly teach you child to confine the crayons to one room and eventually to sit down at a low table and chair and do it on paper, and coloring books alone.

Innerbliss...glad you like the website. i am slowly tweaking it...

Manju...Thanks for re-posting your pictures. glad you had a good time in Bangalore

Latha...nice to see you here constantly. Was it you who posted the benefits of turmeric in Facebook. I bought some fresh turmeric and will plant a few in my yard this weekend.

Shanvy...thanks much for keeping this thread going. Shiny sink, and a good idea to keep something of beauty in the kitchen. Will look for some.
    The sathu maavu recipe is so useful, I plan to prepare some this weekend.

Prana..do take care of yourself. I too agree that getting down on the knees to mop is a good exercise, but for your condition do not overdo things. After all you will be able to do it after the baby is born. so take it easy.

Anitha..Good going..happy to see you happy...

If I missed anyone..i apologize...a lot of pages..:)
    Will be back this evening...Got to go to earn my living now..
    Till then..

2 people like this.
  4. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Good memory Kamala, Yes thats me...Thank you

5. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kamala, good to see you in action.

Deepa, I know how much tension is this to save walls from your artist. But my kid is so nice, I got back my full advance when we vacated when he was three. I used to stick lot of picture posters wherever he could scribble. By that I made him learn the solar system, US map, flags, names of fruits, veg etc. At 2 and half he used to tell and locate all the states of US in the map as well as from Atlas. That interest still continues, now he will be able to tell almost all the country capitals, very good in railway and roadway maps of India, timing and speed of trains etc.

Regarding this ammi kal and aatu kal I am obsessed. Once at my mom's home, there was unprecedented power cut during my grandpa's ceremony. You all know how much we have to grind on that day for vadai, seeyan, coconut etc. Luckily in my uncle's house (just behind my mom's house) a very old aatu kal was there but stuck with the flooring. That was an old one, even I have used it when I was around 13 or 14 years old. That save the day. While my mom was involved in cooking, I ground all the necessary items. The taste and softness of vada was so authentic. From that day onwards I was searching for one, I got it from mom's domestic help, who had bought long back but didn't use. It was smaller one though I brought that to my home. I have placed near the separating wall between store room and fridge in the kitchen much to the objection of DH and MIL. One day out of sheer interest started grinding in that to regret. As it was new the handle part was so rough, I had a tough time finishing the job, also it is much smaller for even 200 gms of urad dhall. Still it is lying there. It may be useful only for chutneys I think. Posting the picture.

Also I bought this tiny ural to make coarse powder of pepper, jeera, adhimadhuram, sitharathai kind of things to make kashayam etc.

Regards
    Manjukps

Attached Files:

5 people like this.
  6. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

I apply it at the lower part of back head, just above neck. Again removing the dry paste is another pain. If my headache is kind of unbearable I also add one or pinches of pepper powder with dry ginger powder make s paste and heat it. At the temperature we can touch it, apply all over forehead etc. nowadays mostly I resort to use hair dryer. But in this summer I didn't use it. Drying naturally. Touch wood I didn't get that sinus headache.

Thank you for your likings.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  7. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

Hello everybody, hope you all are doing well. I am just busy playing and taking care of little girl. I make sure my kitchen is very clean end of the day...rest of the rooms are in hopeless condition. I hope to gather some kind of positive motivation from here and do some cleaning today. Thank fully my daughter and DH rarely use the puja room and that's been maintained in a good condition. both my bedrooms and living room are crying for my attention. toys and clothes are lying scattered ..i will update you all in another 2 days.

All your pictures are all very inspiring. they are very good.

Manjukps, I love your tiny ural.It's awesome.

1 person likes this.
  8. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

nice thread.. i have to go through all the posts..

9. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

8 people like this.
  10. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.