1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help me! Inlaws driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by haseena786, Feb 7, 2008.

1. haseena786

haseena786 New IL'ite

Hi all.

Please help me. My hubby does not listen to me at all. He listens to everything his sister says. First my inlaws were here and driving me insane. DH is so whipped and abused by parents he is constantly trying to please however sister in law meddles like crazy in our lives. Husband does not see it. Says i am lying. How do i get through to him?

2. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hello,

I understand you are very panicked and frustrated. But any problem in life needs a calm and thoughtful mind. So first thing , my friend, you need to calm down and modularise your issues in specific actions.

One thing I got was, your SIL meddles in your life a lot. But what way? which actions you think she should stay away from . Most of the time , our problem is that we restrain ourselves way bit too much. While the solutions lies in releasing one's suppressed feelings in appropriate way.

So think again and try to come up with ten specific actions which are most frustrating you. Dont try to handle all issues with one thought process.

Ria

1 person likes this.
  3. enjoylife

enjoylife New IL'ite

Enough is enough.They aren't going to change so why subject yourself to them?They are your husbands relatives and he obviously isn't going to stop them and their mouths.I told my husband I simply was not going to be around them anymore.
    If there were ones I wanted to see,I invited them to my place.Once you don't go around them,their lies will eventually cease as everyone will know you don't see them or tell them anything.They will be shown as the liars they are.
    Just tell him after _?_ years of marriage you give up on pleasing his relatives.You won't go over there anymore.If he has a problem with that,then tell him to grow up and tell his relatives that you are his wife and as such,if they can't say anything nice,to say nothing at all.
    You deserve respect.You have earned it.Put your foot down and take it.

4. madhurigupta

madhurigupta New IL'ite

hi! have u ever tried to let go this issue. why are u subjecting yourself to humiliation, your husband accusing u to be a liar. they are brother & sister let them do what ever!
    Just keep yourself away from any issue involving u, your hubby & sis-in-law, if that's what creates the problem. Just firmly say NO! don't ask me, don't tell me, do what ever u two want to do. TRY! this works for me.

5. MYLUV

MYLUV Senior IL'ite

how long you are married to him/but your sister in law was with him all through his life till now.so she will have more space in his life ---- but that is time being dear try to get more close to your hubby i feel that you have started a new life...dont spoil it but such silly reason talk to your husband...tell him your feeling but tell him often that his sister and mother is taking much of his time....it make him to keep away from you as a sister i tell you this.....